This job might no longer be available.
Senior QA Engineer, World of Tanks
Praha, Hlavní město Praha, Czech Republic
5 months ago
Wargaming Prague is growing the World of Tanks Production Team and we are looking for a talented QA Engineer that is experienced in testing complex multi-component client/server applications that wants to be involved in one of the most popular video games and solve complex tasks which will further develop your technical skills.
The primary focus of this position is to provide quality assessment of new functionalities for various complexity, stabilize versions, test big game modes, as well as to work with 3rd party studios. In this role you’ll broaden your knowledge and skills of different testing types, gain experience in testing your own product in close cooperation with the driver and developers, as well as working in a distributed international team where you will consult with our development partners on best practices and review new features produced by these partners.
To be successful, you’ll need to have a passion for video games, but we don't require professional experience in the video game industry. You should be a fast learner, enjoy working in a multicultural environment and be experienced in testing front and back-end products.
The QA Engineer will report to the QA Lead
What will you do?
- Test Game client/server mechanics and in-game interfaces
- Test In-game content: models and scenes, visual and sound effects, localization
- Operate internal automation & scripting tools to optimize testing
- Identify use cases, create and review test plans, define test strategies
- Find, isolate, document and track bugs through resolution
- Support developers in testing new features throughout all environments
- Maintain different test environments
- Interpret and report testing results and be an advocate for quality in every phase of the game development process
- Work independently on QA plans, deadlines evaluation, control of results, and reporting
- Collaborate with the QA teams, internal and external development teams
- Help in mentoring and onboarding of new QA Team members
- Supervise Junior QA engineers
What are we looking for?
- 4+ years experience in testing multi-component systems
- Knowledge of QA tools (SQL, repository system, VM, etc.)
- Knowledge of test processes, methodologies, tools (TTS/BTS) and technology
- Experience in black and grey functional testing
- Experience in testing client-server architectures
- Experience defining and implementing test strategies, and running test cases
- Ability to understand functional and technical specifications, analyze data and output logs
- Good oral and written communication skills in English (Intermediate or above)
- Good self-organization skills and ability to work autonomously
- Experience with version control systems (SVN, Git)
- Experience with Linux command-line and Linux OS family
- Strong analytical skills, self-motivation and desire to learn
- Diligence, attention to detail, responsibility, teamwork skill
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- ISTQB Certification
- Oral and written communication skills in Russian
- Experience with testing of massive multiplayer games
- Experience playing World of Tanks
- Familiarity with script programming languages
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!