Senior QA Engineer, SyncSketch
3 days ago
SyncSketch is a real-time collaboration platform for creatives. Our tools give film & game studios, creative agencies, and students the ability to iterate rapidly on their projects, by delivering an intuitive review environment.
We are seeking a Senior QA Engineer to join our growing team at Unity. In this role, you will tackle testing and automation initiatives that simplify our development pipeline and ensure the stability of the product. Your work will directly contribute to the success of creative teams globally, crafting their day-to-day communications around content development.
The person we are looking for has a history of automating functional and integration tests for frontend on web & mobile, as well as for backend services.
Working closely with product managers and developers, it will not only be your job to dive in on implementation details, but also to advise on standard testing methodologies and frameworks which will allow for the consistent delivery of services across multiple deployment environments.
At Unity, we recognize that diversity in backgrounds & experience makes our team stronger. Even if you do not meet all of the listed qualifications, we still encourage you to apply and share how your experience would be a great match for this role.
If helping creatives around the world deliver the next generation of content is a challenge that inspires you, then let’s talk!
What you’ll be doing
- Work product and engineering teammates to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming releases
- Build test plans and write automated tests that provide coverage across multiple applications and environments
- Analyze and report on defects, performing regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Collaborate with our operations team to determine infrastructure requirements needed to support quality initiatives
What we’re looking for
- Extensive experience writing automated tests and test plans for web applications
- Someone who knows and cares about staying up-to-date with standard methodologies in their areas of expertise
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
You might also have
- Frontend development framework experience, such as with Vue or React
- A solid understanding of content creation tools in the media & entertainment industry, such as Unity, Blender, Nuke, Houdini, and Maya
- An understanding of encoding and processing of common image, video, and 3D file formats
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.