This job might no longer be available.
Senior QA Engineer (Contractor)
Los Angeles, CA
4 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior QA Engineer (Contract)
The Senior QA Engineer - UAT is responsible for User Acceptance testing that assures that Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) internal and customer-facing applications meet business requirements. This involves both black-box and gray-box testing techniques. Duties include working with end user groups to design and run business acceptance tests, trouble-shooting and resolving issues found, investigating test environment and infrastructure issues, etc. The candidate will be working with test case management, issue tracking, requirements management, reporting, and other tools. In the course of performing this function, the Senior QA Engineer relies on his or her extensive background in Agile software testing and associated organizational processes. The Senior QA Engineer is a member of the QA and UAT teams, and reports to the Manager of Quality Assurance.
- Design, develop and run User Acceptance/Business Acceptance test cases for the Content Pipeline apps
- Work with regional operations teams (UK, UK, JP) to understand their requirements
- Work with the End to End QA team to understand the scope of their tests and optimize coverage
- Work with the Content Pipeline dev teams to understand system functionality
Required Background and Skills
- 6+ years QA experience (senior QA)
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong analytical skills
- Significant experience working as a tester/test lead in an Agile environment
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence and test case management tools such as qTest
- Understanding of and experience testing complex web applications
- Ability to travel internationally if needed
- Bonus: experience testing content management systems
- Bonus: experience testing gaming back-end systems and services
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.