(Senior) QA Automation Engineer
14 days ago
For our newly formed QA Engineering Department , we are looking for an experienced (Senior) QA Automation Engineer .
In this new department at Wooga, you will be reporting to the Head of QA Engineering. The department's mission is to be ambassadors and champions of software quality, focusing on developing QA craft, strategy, and standard practices.
Day to day, you will work embedded, alongside QA Test Engineers, in multidisciplinary game teams to ensure we continue to produce the highest quality Story-Driven Casual Games.
Leveraging your experience in automated testing you will ensure our releases go smoothly by keeping bug counts at a minimum and ensuring performance targets are exceeded.
About the role:
- You will implement the QA automation strategy, through increased automation test coverage, to continually improve the software quality of our games
- Your special focus will be on implementing Automated End-to-End Testing for game UI (Unity) and backend APIs
- Your contribution will be crucial in transforming manual testing into automated testing, together with Frontend Engineers, QA Automation Engineers, and QA Test Engineers
- You will build and own the automation testing framework that you and other engineers will develop automated tests for our cross-platform (iOS, Android, Web) games.
- You will be an active participant in code reviews and participate in the full development cycle.
- You will advocate for automated testing and overall software quality, collaborating closely with development teams and our parent company's QA automation competence center
- You have several, at least 3 (for Senior role, ideally 7+) years of experience as a QA Automation Engineer (or similar role) preferable in the mobile/web game industry
- You have a proven track record with End-to-End testing on UI and API levels
- You have strong coding skills and years of experience in multiple relevant (C#, Python, Java or other) programming/scripting languages. Experience with Unity is a big plus!
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and experience to help teams implement the best testing practices
- You are familiar with several test automation frameworks and tools (Selenium, Appium, AltUnity Tester, API / Contract testing frameworks or other)
- You have experience integrating test automation into CI processes and tools (Jenkins, TeamCity)
- You’re able to build relationships and collaborate with multiple teams throughout the entire company
- You have the ability to comprehend and communicate technical information in a clear and actionable manner
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Game/Software Development or related degree, or corresponding experience in software development.
- You have an insatiable curiosity about how complex systems work
- You are passionate about software quality, games and have a demonstrable understanding of the mobile game industry and gaming trends.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- As much coffee, drinks, cereals and fruits as you can handle.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences.