This job might no longer be available.
Austin, TX, United States
6 months ago
The QA Lead assumes full responsibility for the establishment, communication, and implementation of a thorough process of testing games on iOS and Android to ensure high-quality games are delivered with the great gameplay experience. Leading a QA team and working closely with the development team to ensure issues are accurately and timely reported and the product is of high quality for release.
- To be the primary point of contact between QA and project management for communicating QA needs and ensure the necessary resources are allocated.
- Clearly communicate and provide constructive feedback on issues, risks, and concerns to both the QA team and project management.
- It is ultimately responsible for the quality and depth of test plans for the QA team, which includes creation, reviews, and execution.
- Leads from the front and proactively drives the QA team, on a day to day basis, to ensure the expected quality levels are understood, achieved and delivered.
- Develops the defect reporting standards the team will utilize. It allows the team to report in a concise and informative manner that reduces back and forth between QA and dev.
- Effectively pursues critical issues with project processes, build quality and anything else of relevance and assist with their swift resolution.
- Effectively prioritize workload and ensures tasks are delegated within the QA team to ensure all relevant areas of the game are tested in a timely manner.
- Works with project management on the direction and provide feedback on the best QA approach.
- Works with other QA Leads/ Managers at a company level to recommend and implement process improvement. Assist in how Zynga defines quality.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of all team members ensuring 1-2-1s and performance reviews are conducted regularly.
- To tackle under performance (internal & external) and ensure concerns are raised within the business.
- To be the voice of QA in project meetings and contribute in decision making.
- Manages outsource QA function, as and when required, ensuring high quality levels are adhered to .
- Supports, mentors and coaches the QA team enabling them to reach their full potential.
- Ensures a positive, professional and collaborative team environment is maintained.
- Directly participates with reviewing and hiring of new QA staff as and when required.
- Is responsible for creating and maintaining QA metrics that measure team performance, ability to release, risks, process adaption and defect trends, among others.
- Accountable for QA planning, reviews, execution and sign off.
Experience and Skills:
- Previous experience as a QA Lead, preferably in an embedded environment.
- Expert understanding of software QA and games development practices and terminology e.g, version control, regression, integration, versions.
- Proven experience of working in all phases of QA and project lifecycle.
- Has experience working with GaaS projects.
- Has worked with version control software and within development branches.
- Experienced with agile methodologies and has worked first hand in a sprint framework.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills backed up with a proactive approach to knowledge sharing and best practice.
- Excellent JIRA use including dashboards and custom filters. JIRA admin experience a big plus.
- Strong initiative and problem solving skills and ability to act decisively under pressure.
- Ability to bring a team together that shares a mission and vision.
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast paced environment.
- Thorough understanding of iOS and Android devices including SDKs.
- Awareness of mobile games market on iOS and Android.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Enthusiastic with professional attitude and work ethic.
- Excellent personal management skills, set goals, get people to achieve and progress in the discipline. Not averse to giving critical feedback.
- Good understanding of client/server testing and importance of metadata. Previous mobile experience. Testing of mobile events a big plus.
- Experienced in non-functional QA e.g. network, compatibility, analytics, payments, compliance.
- Is able to use platform SDKs or testing tools e.g. Charles Proxy to take QA to the next level.
- Can recommend tools.
- ISTQB foundation qualified.
What we offer you:
- Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
- Lunch catered daily - stocked snack areas
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Emergency child care support
- Active Employee Resource Groups - Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
- Dog Friendly offices
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Gym Benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.