Senior QA Analyst
1 month ago
We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of cross-platform, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for motivated and highly skilled people who share our love for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the task of being part of a small but experienced and dedicated team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, and have a can-do attitude. Join us! It’s going to be a thrilling ride.We are looking for ambitious and highly skilled people who share our passion for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the challenge of being part of a small but experienced and ambitious team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile. For those up to the challenge, it's going to be a thrilling ride.
SENIOR QA ANALYST
As the Senior QA Analyst you’ll join our international and fully remote development team, working side by side with programmers, designers, artists, and producers to build the next generation of cross-platform AAA games. You’ll be responsible for testing all aspects of our game and ensuring that it meets both the functional requirements required by our partners and the level of quality that we strive to achieve with all of our products.
You’ll be expected to participate in design meetings with engineers, designers, and other developers to actively identify ways to reduce testing complexity and give early feedback on new systems and features to improve our ability to deliver a quality product to our players. Working with the rest of our QA team, you’ll develop the test plans and execute them for all features of the game.
What you’ll do:
- Working with the rest of the QA team, help develop a test strategy and implement test plans and other test materials and documentation
- Participate in design and cross discipline meetings to ensure QA priorities are taken into account with each feature or system
- Perform ad hoc exploratory testing along with detailed testing based on documented test plans
- Help get our products through Console and PC certification
- Regress bugs as they are completed by the development team
- Test builds daily and flag any blocking issues immediately
- Coordinate with External QA teams to facilitate larger scale test runs
- Represent QA in cross department meetings
- Take the initiative to identify, prioritize, call-out, and suggest solutions to problems both big and small
- Share your thoughts about how to level up the QA discipline across the company to make the company a better place to work, improve the development process, and help deliver amazing shared gaming moments to players.
- 2+ years of QA experience
- Professional demeanor with a team-focused attitude & positive mentorship style
- Experience working on console development kits
- Direct experience supporting titles through console and PC certification processes (E.G. Switch, Xbox, Playstation, & Steam)
- Proficiency with Jira, Confluence, Google Workspace, TestRail and/or other relevant test case management tools
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of testing processes and procedures
- Ability to learn quickly and apply that new knowledge immediately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience testing games on cross platform titles
- Experience testing games in all phases of a development lifecycle
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in cross discipline game teams
- Experience testing on a free to play game
- Experience working in a remote environment
The base annual salary range for this position in the United States is $50,000 - 85,000. The base salary is just one part of the overall compensation package. SEMC also offers a package of benefits, including, healthcare coverage, unlimited PTO, a remote work environment, flex working schedule, parental leave support, 100% 401k match on the first 3% of your contribution, and paid local hangout meals and events. All full time roles are also eligible for annual bonuses and equity.
This base pay range is for the United States only and does not apply to international locations. The range for each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Do you feel like you don’t meet each and every requirement on the job description? Many people don't apply for jobs unless they feel they exceed at every one of these job requirements. It’s very important for us at SEMC to ensure we have a diverse and inclusive group of talent, so please go ahead and apply!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.