Senior QA Analyst
5 days ago
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating. Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a Sr Dev QA Analyst to execute test plans and conduct compliance testing to ensure the product meets performance standards and requirements. You will use independent judgment within defined procedures and support the achievement of short-term outcomes of the team. In this role, you will interact with peers and share information amongst the team and other departments. Our ideal candidate is detail oriented, dedicated and passionate about games.
In This Role You Will
- Work closely with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features / releases
- Coordinate test efforts between geographically distributed teams, vendors and agencies to deliver the highest quality product
- Build test strategies and test plans in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Manage functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts
- Use a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques to determine quality
- Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues
- Report and track data, using that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health
- Support developers before, during and after deployments
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of software testing experience in a fast paced environment
- Solid understanding of test methodologies and iterative development
- Technical understanding of console and mobile game technologies
- Experience in functional and usability testing in your domain of expertise
- Experience with cross-platform testing
- Clear communication skills to a variety of audiences
- Ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to thrive while working in a fast-paced working environment, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Proven track record of successful contributions to the release of high-quality products
- You’re user-focused, passionate, self-driven, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Nice To Have Skills
- LiveOps experience
- Dev QA experience
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be part of something Epic!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.