Senior QA Analyst
1 month ago
Who we are
At Fortis Games we aspire to make great games that bring people together while redefining how game companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and how we operate and treat each other. Through our game communities, we will create powerful connections and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, equity and belonging where together our diverse skills, experiences and backgrounds impact the games we make.
We are an early but mighty organization with a leadership team of game industry veterans. There are many opportunities for you to have a big impact on the products we'll be making as well as the overall direction of the company. If you're passionate about tackling difficult problems with direct and thoughtful communication and team first mentality, we may be the right place for you.
About the role
As Senior Quality Assurance Analyst you may be asked to tackle any test task asked by the team. You may be an expert in product areas from design analysis to performance, engine or compliance. You’ll define more advanced test approaches, leveraging off-the-shelf tooling or designing your own. You may lead larger or more complex test engagements, owning everything from test planning, case creation strategy, and reporting. You may be a primary owner and QA point of contact on key product areas. You’ll be responsible for mentoring or directly training other members of your team from basic to advanced test design, execution, and reporting techniques.
What you’ll achieve
- Subject matter expertise in one or more areas of your product
- Furthered experience using non-functional and tool/data based test approaches
- Overseeing quality of team execution, helping leads identify challenges in design, execution, or reporting expectations by staff
- Developing new or advancing the test techniques leveraged by the immediate QA team, assisting in training methods to assist with team adoption
- Building advanced in-house solutions solo or alongside dedicated QA engineering team
- Experience leading small to large coordinated test efforts
- Responsibility in owning all test efforts for key product area(s) where necessary
What you’ll need to be successful
- Experience leveraging various manual and advanced test techniques (automation, tooling, data driven, non-functional, etc.)
- Experience partnering directly with a development team
- Experience in improving test approaches for self or team
- Basic scripting experience (coding is a plus!)
- Basic understanding of product and/or system design
- Experience working with Bugtracking tools (JIRA, Clickup, Mantis, etc.)
- Excellent English skills (both spoken and written)
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for Video games and ongoing Gamer (video/board/card, etc.)
*PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME IN ENGLISH*
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Why join us
There are many reasons to join us, but here are a few:
- We strongly believe we are changing how games studios operate and at the core of what we do is making great games that create a connected community
- We're not just about making Games Where You Belong. We're also about building communities where our people belong. That's why Fortis is a thriving environment that celebrates diversity, embraces inclusivity, and fosters growth.
- Build and grow with a seasoned team of accomplished talent who have left an impactful mark in their disciplines, both in and out of gaming
Fortis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.