Senior QA Analyst
10 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Epic Games is looking to expand its internal Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. This position owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of a given feature, function or set of work, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with developers and production. If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!
What You’ll Do
In this role you will work closely with developers, product owners, and QA analysts on the quest team to collect and meet necessary quality criteria. The Fortnite Quests team is responsible for creating an engaging experience through the implementation of quests across storyline, seasonal events, special IP collaborations, cosmetics and much more. The role will cover testing of quest implementation, their reward distribution, and giving qualitative feedback to help find the fun in Fortnite. This role will also focus on working directly with designers and production to identify and report risk for your assigned features, ensure adequate coverage, work with internal and external test teams to execute on your test plans, and deliver a great player experience.
To be set up for success, the person in this role should have experience with end-to-end feature ownership and risk assessment while being flexible in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will
- Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming quests and quest features.
- Build test approaches and test plans in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Conduct standard functional and qualitative testing on quests and quest-related assets in game and in engine.
- Plan and conduct defect exploration and verification of quests and quest assets, including UI and IP requirements.
- Help investigate and troubleshoot through complex systems, including grey/whitebox
- Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects, internal issues within the product, and escalate quality issues.
- Able to generate analysis of outstanding defect load and recommend new areas of testing, as well areas to prioritize fixes.
- Proactively manage incoming defects and work autonomously on highest value tasks, be it test writing or test execution.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ YOE in testing
- 2+ years in Quality Assurance
- Experience working embedded in SDLC
- Proven expertise in creating end-to-end test plans of a feature, identifying gaps in test coverage and root cause analysis
- Ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Game development experience, working with multiple platforms, cross-platform testing, and Unreal Engine experience.
This position is listed in multiple locations...
Cary, NC, Bellevue, WA
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.