Senior QA Analyst
29 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The Quality Assurance team owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of all products and functions across Epic. Our team works closely with developers and production to ensure the best possible user experience for our community and customers.
What You'll Do
Epic is seeking Senior QA Analysts to act as stakeholders in QA of development strike-teams on a shared project. You will be working directly with our Designers, Engineers, and Producers on this project as an area owner, overseeing the evaluation and planning of testing, allocating your time between deep investigations and reporting on test efforts for your area to drive the quality bar of your embedded space. We are a creative group within a large organization that prizes intelligence, creativity, and nimble problem-solving skills. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with game QA management experience and has a passion for innovating and improving upon the Project and Product Quality Assurance Process.
In this role, you will
- Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features/releases
- Coordinate test efforts between geographically distributed teams, vendors and agencies to deliver the highest quality product
- Build test strategies and test plans to cover multiple features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Understand and factor planning around functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts
- Using a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across your product to analyze the quality of said product
- Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues
- Track and Report on quality data, and utilize that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of software testing experience in a fast paced environment
- Solid understanding of test methodologies and iterative development
- Technical understanding of web, mobile, XR, or game technologies
- Experience in functional and usability testing in your domain of expertise
- Experience with cross-platform or cross-browser testing
- Knowledge in one or more of these areas:
- Game Engines or 3D Software toolsets
- Backend servers and APIs
- Games as a Service model development
- Agile/Reactive test strategies
This role is open to multiple locations (including CA, NYC, and WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
New York City Base Pay Range
$92,400 — $135,500 USD
California Base Pay Range
$81,300 — $135,500 USD
Washington Base Pay Range
$77,600 — $127,400 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.