Senior QA Analyst
11 days ago
The Senior QA Analyst’s role is to ensure their area of the game is comprehensively tested and evaluated for both quality and functionality. Senior QA Analyst will take charge of a feature and create test plans that are disseminated to the rest of the QA staff. Reporting on feature progress and KPIs is a vital part of a job.
Mentoring the QA team is also a big part of the Senior QA Analysts role. They should continuously be monitoring and giving guidance to staff, to furnish them with the knowledge and tools to do their job effectively.
Working closely with the development team both internal and external, you will be responsible for helping build a high-quality QA process. An aptitude for technical disciplines and proven experience in development capacity is a requirement. This will be a varied role that will involve being focussed, and creative in your approach to QA. How it functions and how we can run the department effectively and efficiently.
The successful candidate will have a positive outlook, and a professional manner. They will possess the ability to focus on tasks whilst being agile and able to prioritise when multiple requests are made of them. A genuine passion for the video games industry is a must, as well as experience of playing a diverse range of game genres in a variety of formats.
- Design, iterate and implement effective test plans for game features.
- Mentor members of the wider QA team.
- Be an expert and point of contact for specific features of the game.
- Monitor tickets being entered into the bug reporting database ensuring high standards.
- Compile documentation to verify the state of new content/features as and when requested.
- Ensure relevant documents are created and maintained to allow staff to reference and have the most up to date and accurate information.
- Create and distribute test plans to ensure that your area of the game and all related content is tested effectively.
- Ensure the game is evaluated for both quality and functionality and ensure all information is gathered, compiled, and fed through to the relevant parties.
- Accurately fulfil all tasks assigned by senior members of the QA team and the wider development team as required.
- Create, distribute, and maintain documentation
- Gather information on and escalate any risks/serious issues to the relevant parties as soon as they are identified.
- Look after the build stability and assist developers in prioritising the critical issues.
- Proven Quality Assurance experience (+3 years)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of UE (or an equivalent engine)
- Source control (P4V, git, etc)
- Technically proficient and able to learn new systems quickly.
- Strong extrapolation skills and understanding of cause and effect.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and driven to creatively solve problems.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment whilst always keeping focus.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and comfortable working with multiple disciplines.
- Respectful and professional manner to all members of staff, including those in more junior roles.
- Proactive mindset.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh and Budapest and are happy to sponsor your relocation to Edinburgh. If you apply from outside of our hiring territory, we also consider WFH candidates from the UK.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.