Senior QA Analyst - Midwinter Entertainment
16 days ago
At Midwinter we're on a quest to create ground-breaking new games and a thriving community of gamers who play them. We’re bringing together top talent with a shared passion for creating fun. We value people from diverse backgrounds with differing perspectives, who are unafraid of taking on new challenges.
is to guarantee a seamless experience for the future players of our revolutionary title, Scavengers, while working at the forefront of game technology.
As our in-house QA lead, you will lead the development of a small, experienced group that is directly integrated with the rest of our studio team. As a Senior QA Analyst, you'll have significant autonomy and the opportunity to directly collaborate with many other teams. You’ll be a trusted partner and considered the "subject matter expert" on quality, and you'll provide other developers with guidance and input on the root cause of bugs, and collaborate to find a solution. Ultimately, the work you do will radically improve the player experience!
Areas for Impact
Our QA team is focused on ensuring a high quality gameplay experience that overcomes development challenges no one has ever seen before. Some of the things you can impact:
- Writing test plans and proactively identifying areas for additional testing based on broader project objectives.
- Guiding QA Testers and Analysts by planning/directing/writing test scripts.
- Triage and investigating bugs based on their impact on the player and project.
- Liaising directly with other teams to resolve bugs and meet quality standards.
- Collaboratively improving the QA process across all QA channels.
- Maintaining tactful, respectful, and diplomatic communication with all team members and stakeholders.
We’d like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Strong leadership skills.
- Avid gamer with experience testing software OR experience testing a game.
- Highly detail-oriented and diligent about managing bugs from investigation to follow-up.
- Strong self-management skills including time management and prioritization.
- Experience with web-based issue tracking software (JIRA, DevTrack, etc.).
- Experience liaising/collaborating across multiple disciplines (developers, QA, players).
- Proactive, with a strong drive to improve processes.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
COVID-19 Studio Guidelines
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance to our studio. As such, we have transitioned to remote work by default until a time at which we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews, "onsite" interviews, office tours, and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone).
We also recognize the impact the pandemic is having on all of us personally, and work hard to create a culture where mental health and wellness are valued and supported. If you have any questions or concerns about our studio policy, please don't hesitate to raise them with your recruiter.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.