Senior PvP World Builder - World of Warcraft | Irvine, CA
17 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Senior PvP World Builder - World of Warcraft | Irvine, CA
The World of Warcraft team is seeking a talented and passionate individual for our PvP Design team. You will collaborate with the PvP Design, Level Design and Art disciplines to build spaces for competitive Player versus Player (PvP) engagements. You will work alongside a PvP designer to create PvP spaces, ranging from arenas hosting 2v2 skirmishes to epic battlegrounds supporting large 40v40 battles, for new and existing game modes. Your thorough understanding of world building, combat mechanics, multiplayer game modes, and competitive layouts are integral to supporting the player experience and building the next generation of World of Warcraft PvP.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
What you will do…
- Create PvP layouts from 2d maps & pitches to final art polish with your environmental composition, terrain sculpting and painting, asset placement, and lighting skills.
- Design and build engaging gameplay spaces that successfully support WoW PvP experiences.
- Work collaboratively within the team and with other disciplines to encourage playtesting and feedback and rapidly iterate.
- Embrace Blizzard's core value of "Every voice matters," contributing to a safe space for collaboration, communication, and creativity across all disciplines and departments.
- Optimize your content so it can be enjoyed by as many players as possible.
- Participate in and contribute to a culture of inclusion and diversity.
To succeed, you must have…
- Experience building and iterating on competitive multiplayer game levels.
- Experience with 3D Studio Max or equivalent to create gameplay blockouts, collision meshes and interior spaces.
- Demonstrated artistic execution of outdoor world spaces, including composition, terrain sculpting, painting, and detailed visual storytelling through asset placement.
- Excellent understanding of how to design and layout open world games and what makes World of Warcraft unique.
- Ability to self-manage.
We are also interested in hearing stories you may have about…
- Experience working on MMOs or open world games.
- Experience with WoW.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer competitive benefits and strive for a healthy work / life balance. We work hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything, and we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever. Join us!
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.