Senior Publishing Producer
9 days ago
Gearbox Publishing is looking for a talented, passionate, experienced leader who is comfortable practicing the art of game development to join our high-caliber publishing production team.
The best fit for this position will have the confidence and problem-solving skills to manage development schedules for multiple teams and titles at various stages in the product lifecycle while maintaining clear communication with Publishing leadership. As part of the leadership team, you’ll be working with a fun, world-class team, and we’re seeking someone with the drive, character, and skillset to drive continued success.
Annual Salary Range: $145,000 - $165,000
- Help guide a pre-release project towards a successful launch, then operate & drive the publishing functions for the live product
- Proactively create, maintain, and carry out overall project plans containing all key milestones and associated deliverables in conjunction with production staff and project leads
- Collaborate with discipline leads and cross-studio staff to create and manage the project plan with respect to the product goals
- Communicate product status, issues and launch plans to key constituents across the organization including production, engineering, research, marketing, and business development
- Ensure that critical path items, such as submission, localization, and QA-related responsibilities are unblocked and well-executed
- The main point of contact and single point of accountability for the full production and release cycle of a stellar game
- Interface directly with publishing, studio leadership, and/or external partners
- With the assistance of dev management (third party dev management; outside studios), generate and update a clear roadmap on how to ship the game on time and on budget
- Ultimately accountable for a project schedule that can be broken down into internal development cycles and/or contractual milestones, with achievable project objectives
- Monitor, safeguard, and forecast project budget (dev budget and NOT sales)
- Guide Senior Production Staff and Senior Dev Management staff to lead their teams and provide the data needed in order to properly monitor the health of the project and drive it to completion
- Maintain a constant awareness of game status, performance, and trends
- Mentor and support Senior Production staff and Senior Dev Management staff for individual and team growth
- 5+ years’ experience as a Senior Producer, Producer, or equivalent product leadership position through the development & launch of PC or console games (AAA is a plus), with a minimum of 1x title launched while acting in this capacity
- Must be comfortable synthesizing and representing the state of the project in relation to the product vision to various stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high level of emotional intelligence
- Must thoroughly understand cross-discipline collaboration and development-driven production
- Able to work well in a fast-paced team environment and simultaneously manage multiple competing priorities with a cool head
- Ability to create pre-launch and post-launch project plans & define key milestones, and then proactively monitor the progress of development towards those goals
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented, and can multi-task under pressure
- Project management & visualization skill with JIRA, Microsoft Project, or other project management software.
- Broad knowledge of the video game market and trends
- Familiarity or experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Strong understanding of development methodologies and team organization strategies
- Able to make decisions that are best for the project, even if it is a difficult decisio.
- Highly efficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Past hands-on experience as a contributing team member of a core development discipline (Art, Animation, Engineering, Design, QA)
- Previous experience working with remote development teams (third party)
- AAA experience
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.