Senior Public Policy Manager
13 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
The Sr. Public Policy Manager is Twitch’s first dedicated hire in the public policy area. You will develop and execute government affairs, advocacy goals and political priorities for Twitch globally. They will know about, assess, and communicate potential government activities back to the business, develop mitigation or enhancement strategies and positions for the highest priority issues, and help coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key programs in collaboration with business goals.
The Sr. Public Policy Manager will represent Twitch before government entities, NGOs and policy advisors, to establish, and build coalitions that benefit Twitch’s policy goals. The Sr. Public Policy Manager will effectively educate legislators, key agency officials, and their staff on related policy issues.
To help set the advocacy agenda for Twitch’s business, the Sr. Public Policy Manager will work collaboratively with others in public policy, PR, legal, and teams (both at Twitch and Amazon) to ensure understanding between our priorities and public policy goals. You will also work with these internal constituencies to help develop compliance plans for newly enacted legislation, regulation and court precedent.
This is a global role. However, the current balance of policy issues that affect Twitch are weighted in Europe, so we expect that the position will be home-based in our London offices. Frequent travel within the EU, and to the U.S. and ASEAN, will be required. The Sr. Public Policy Manager will report to Twitch’s General Counsel, who is located at our headquarters in San Francisco, California.
- Be informed about governmental activities that could affect Twitch’s business, guiding the greatest impact, and establish advocacy and engagement plans for those priority issues.
- Work collaboratively with Twitch’s legal, PR and business teams, and Amazon’s public policy team, to ensure agreement between primary priorities and public policy goals.
- Develop a resourcing plan using outside consultants.
- Anticipate challenges/obstacles our business could face as the public policy landscape evolves.
- Ensure policymaker awareness of Twitch’s products.
- Conceive and draft advocacy materials - individually and in collaboration with your team and outside consultants.
- Effect change and guide policymaking to benefit our community of streamers, viewers and advertisers.
- Help manage external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key programs in collaboration with business goals.
- Help facilitate high-level meetings with partners, including regulatory, industry associations, and alliance partners to promote and advocate our public policy priorities.
- 8+ years of relevant experience with – and a keen working understanding of – policymaking, including the mechanics of legislative and administrative policymaking procedures in the EU and Member States, lobbying techniques, and collaboration with other companies and trade groups.
- You can demonstrate their experience through work within government, companies, consultancies, trade associations, or equivalent organizations.
- Experience designing multi-year advocacy plans for a digital business to achieve a legislative outcome.
- Experience with steep learning curves, navigating and communicating complex information to several audiences.
- Negotiate with, and persuade others.
- Tack record of working with a wide array of departments across organization and culture.
- Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, with strongest professional reputation in the industry.
- Understand how technical language in legislative and regulatory proposals could affect business operations, identify business implications, and summarize policy documents for our teams.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience working on policy issues that affect digital media services, or user-generated content services.
- Fluency in either German or French is also a benefit.
- A Masters or Bachelor's degree in public policy, government affairs, political science, law or related disciplines
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.