Senior Development Manager
London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
4 months ago
Would you like to lead , grow and mentor a team of project, QA and release managers who develop and run the processes, tools and practices that create the regular cadence of developing and releasing updates to a free-to-play game?
You will not be making product-focused decisions, that part is handled by producers in our studio. While the producer team is focusing on what we should be doing and why we should be doing it, your team is focusing on how we can deliver it effectively and reliably.
We are looking for a process-oriented leader with game development experience to lead a team of project management staff . Your team’s main responsibility is to run the project management for the game we are making . The goal is to support the producers and leads to be able to deliver the game efficiently and predictably.
To ensure that, you r team will be develop ing and maintain ing the project management toolset, processes and methodologies, maintain ing up-to-date project status information and report ing it to key stakeholders.
The project is a collaboration across multiple studios to create and later operate a free-to-play PC/console game , so putting in place robust release, QA and project management practices that can scale as the team expands and as the project moves from pre-production, through production, into live operation involving a regular, frequent release cycle of new features and content.
This position is based in Guildford, UK and reports to the Development Director.
What will you do?
- Focus on how to deliver the features and content effectively and reliably
- Lead, hire, grow and mentor a team consisting of release, QA and project management professionals
- Establish and maintain project management tools, processes and methodologies for highly distributed development team
- Make it easy for stakeholders to stay aware of the project status
- Work closely with producers to effectively drive the team towards its goals
- Work closely with discipline leads to ensure all disciplines are meeting their goal
What are we looking for?
- Proven track record of delivering games to meet expectations
- Experience operating a live free-to-play game service
- Someone who has led highly distributed teams before
- Passion for development processes, schedules and excel sheets
- Master of communication at all levels within an organization
- Believer in agile methodologies
What additional skills/experience will help you stand out?
- Experience with various project management toolsets; jira, Hansoft, etc. knowledge is helpful
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!