Senior Project Manager, Service Technologies
Irvine, CA, United States
10 days ago
The Service Technologies team is looking for an enthusiastic and highly organized senior project manager to drive internal development initiatives from inception to completion. This sr. project manager will lead projects for service technologies, work with development and business teams to shape and manage the development pipeline. We are looking for a dedicated project leader to continue Service Technologies' commitment to software development to match the epic standards of our games.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will act as a champion for continuous improvement while working to maximize the efficiency, predictability, and visibility of our projects.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing multiple product development teams through all aspects of the product lifecycle including planning, implementation, testing, release, and operations. By blending your project management experience with superior collaboration and alignment skills, you will empower a department of hundreds of world-class Engineers, Project Managers, Product Owners, and Designers to create epic entertainment experiences.
Drive Large Cross-Department Projects
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects
- Coordinate cross-project activities and manage cross-project dependencies
- Coordinate project managers, product managers, and other staff to bring together a unified deliverable
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets, and activities associated with the project
- Apply change, risk and resource management
- Assess project performance and aim to maximize ROI
- Resolve projects’ higher scope issues
- Keep leadership and stakeholders apprised of the status of the projects
Develop Work Systems
- Identify gaps, inconsistencies, and inefficiencies in our existing processes and tooling.
- In partnership with your team, leverage creativity and problem-solving to define new processes and tools that address identified opportunities.
- Build consensus and drive consistent adoption of new processes and tooling across the organization.
- Root out problems and risks, raise concerns, challenge convention, and inspire people to move in new directions.
- Champion sustainable processes for the development of regular reports on our successes, plans, and status to stakeholders and company leadership.
- Create transparency, predictability, and (where appropriate) consistency across the organization’s teams.
Nurture a Healthy Development Environment
- Utilize work systems that support effective, balanced, sustainable work while improving project predictability, individual and team agency and product innovation.
- Promote Kaizen (activities involving everyone within the organization that results in continuous improvement).
- Champion efforts, activities and projects to reduce fear and build trust within the organization.
- Mentor and coach team members
- In partnership with leadership and HR, continually re-assess the team’s maturity and health.
- 5+ years’ experience managing end-to-end releases of a well-known software product
- Detailed knowledge of software lifecycle and software development best practices
- Strong understanding of project management and release management methodologies
- Experience developing status reports and project dashboards and roadmaps across the portfolio, product, and team layers of an organization
Required Application Materials
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!