This job might no longer be available.
Senior Project Manager - Controllership
1 month ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Are you a top Project Manager with a strong Finance and Accounting background and ready to take on a new challenge? Twitch is looking for a Sr. Project Manager to manage complex project deliverables, ensure teams achieve critical milestones, provide robust reporting and tracking of actions across a large portfolio of stakeholders, especially within Controllership. The business is undergoing Financial Systems transformation to bring automation and streamline operations with a new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. You will apply your experience with ERP implementation when working directly with FinTech, IT, Engineering, Tax, and Controllership leads. Projects will include support across SAP implementation, design workshop planning, master plan creation, UAT and deployment/go-live planning, etc.
This role will ensure the right Finance and Accounting partners are included in key meetings such as design workshops, drive alignment across stakeholders on key project decisions, and UAT sessions. You will engage across department leads and drive design, build, and test approvals along with managing communications to ensure transparency on project status, blockers, and path to green. As Sr. Project Manager for Controllership you will also participate in change control meetings and provide inputs on the value/impact of proposed changes. You dig deep into the operational details, running issues to the ground while keeping the focus on the overall objective and project.
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; and Salt Lake City, UT.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners including FinTech, Tax, and Amazon stakeholders to document business requirements , process changes, implementation plans , etc .
- Serve as the voice for Controllership in SAP meetings and be an advocate for the Accounting requirements.
- Unblock project barriers and escalate as needed to CFO leadership and communicate SAP updates, blockers, and path to green.
- Create as-is and to-be workflows, identify gaps, propose improvements, and drive consensus to achieve an agreed set of requirements.
- Ensure coverage for all related processes for accounting, statutory and tax reporting and compliance, financial and management reporting.
- Engage with SAP leads for transition strategies for ERP, including data conversion, boundary processes and systems , tax and statutory compliance and SOX/internal controls.
- Create business requirements documents and develop test plans.
- Lead change management efforts within Accounting and Finance and support organization-wide efforts in transitions.
- Manage regular project reviews and deep dives with a cross-functional partner list; set and guide project goals.
- Keep processes on track, ensuring decision points and issues are surfaced and actioned.
- Leverage your understanding of Accounting and Finance to guide decision-making , solve problems , and provide analytical insight and business judgment to support objectives as well as other tactical initiatives across the Controllership organization.
- Establish and guide adoption of program frameworks, tools and best practices.
- Apply experience to identify appropriate Project Management tools to manage resources, schedules , risks and issues while tracking the completion of milestones.
- Ability to self-manage , proactively organize and plan project activities and dependencies to achieve success.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- 5+ years of experience in corporate accounting at a multinational organization.
- 6+ years of experience in project management ownership within a multinational organization.
- Experience with a fast-paced and ambiguous environment in particular within Accounting, Finance, FinTech organizations.
- Strong bias for action with ability to manage multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency; effective project planning and execution.
- Great collaboration and negotiation skills. Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver projects on tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate across cross-functional teams, influence outcomes and prioritize activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management.
- Business process re-engineering and experience translating needs into detailed requirements.
- Understanding of finance systems and how they support business processes, especially order-to-cash (O2C), and Record to Report (RTR).
- SAP BRIM/S4 Hana implementations, or ERP equivalent.
- Six Sigma, or other project/process management certifications.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The pay range for this position in Colorado and Connecticut is $102,000 - $150,000 yr ; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience . A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act and CT House Bill Number 6380. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Job ID: TW6875
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.