5 days ago
CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver is looking for an experienced programmer to add to their team. The role involves design, implementation, optimization and maintenance of software used to create the best multiplatform AAA titles. It will require C++ coding as well as scripting skills.
- Analysing development needs and challenges at all levels of the software stack, including tools.
- Formulating solutions, negotiating them with stakeholders, and implementing them.
- Collaborating with team members of various disciplines locally as well as remotely.
- Troubleshooting and bug fixing.
- 5+ years of professional C++ experience.
- 2+ years of experience in 3D game, embedded or real-time systems development.
- Experience in multi-threaded programming.
- Excellent understanding of memory management.
- Proficient use of standard algorithms and container libraries.
- Excellent understanding of language internals (inheritance, virtual functions, operator overloading, templates, etc).
- Proven ability to design and implement a key system from scratch.
- Understanding of compilers and linkers.
- Understanding of code performance and proven ability to optimise code.
- Proven ability to debug other people's code.
- Appreciation of the trade-off between code maintainability and cost.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for games or good understanding of gameplay mechanics.
- A modern indie style studio with a relaxed atmosphere working on AAA Games.
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team.
- Full Health Benefits with an HSA account.
- Work-life balance- Flex hours.
- Office located near Skytrain and bus/bike routes.
- On-site Parking.
- Casual Friday Socials.
At CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver, our mission is to create world-class interactive entertainment experiences.
Located in one of the biggest video game hubs in the world, Vancouver, Canada, we are an inclusive multi-national team of driven and talented professionals that fosters cross-disciplinary collaboration and honest conversations studio-wide.
We push gameplay boundaries. We build unforgettable narratives and stories. We make some of the best and most revered video games on the planet. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.