This job might no longer be available.
Senior Programmer - Hybrid/flexible
18 days ago
Are you an experienced C++ programmer looking for a new opportunity where you can make a real impact on an exciting, new IP?
We want you to #JOINTHEREBELLION!
Rebellion North are looking for a talented programmer to work on Rebellion games as well as trusted industry partners on genre-defining AAA IPs. You will have the opportunity to join an ambitious team working on multiple projects using different engines including Unreal 5. Join us as we shoot for the stars!
You will be joining the talented Rebellion North studio based in our Wakefield Location. Rebellion North are a dynamic and growing team who relish challenges and punching above their weight. Our friendly & inclusive studio culture fosters an environment where all team members can reach their potential in the fastest possible time.
The Senior Programmer is a new role dedicated to working on Rebellion games and with trusted industry partners on genre-defining IPs. We are looking for someone who lives and breathes code, who is a creative thinker, and enjoys the challenge of providing solid solutions to complex problems. This role involves working across many areas of game development, helping to design, schedule, and deliver code with cutting-edge technology on all the latest platforms.
As a Senior Programmer, you will be self-motivated with a high level of initiative and able to work unsupervised. You will be passionate about video games and have professional C++ experience. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly adapt to and support in-house working practices and assist in mentoring Junior Programmers, as well as the usual responsibilities of an experienced programmer.
- Write robust and maintainable code, optimising code for performance per platform.
- Develop and implement cutting-edge, intuitive solutions for next-gen gameplay, debugging, maintaining, and extending your own and existing code.
- Meet game design and technical requirements as well as internal coding standards, communicating with designers, artists, and other coders to ensure we satisfy game requirements and quality.
- Write and maintain technical documentation.
- Collaborate productively within a large multi-disciplined project team environment, communicating ideas and issues clearly, and supporting all coders on your team as required.
- Research new tools, techniques, and processes and feedback to the team on how they can benefit Rebellion.
- Excellent C/C++ skills at a professional level.
- Ability to quickly familiarise yourself and work with a large existing codebase.
- Ability to prototype as well as produce final code.
- Strong debugging, profiling, and optimising, system design and 3D math skills.
- Any knowledge of console, general games and/or multiplayer development, and/or development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce/other version control systems would be an advantage.
- Unreal experience would be preferable but not essential.
We offer an extensive benefits package to our team including:
- 26 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing with service at 5 years – one day each year until you reach 31 days)
- Private Medical Insurance, healthcare cash plan, including dental and Vision
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Critical Illness Cover
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Interest Free, Tax-Free loans
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- EAP a range of Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Plus loads more… including a wide range of discounts, freebies, and social events!
Whichever team you join at Rebellion we are proud of our open, friendly, and creative atmosphere. We love what we do and we have fun doing it! As a big indie developer, we have complete creative freedom over our titles which allows us to work on a massive variety of projects across all the major platforms.
Find out more about us here
Our size, stability, and the variety of in-house expertise across multiple industries make Rebellion completely unique! We work in our own way, and we celebrate that as the key to our success. We foster an inclusive culture where you are encouraged to be yourself, to express your creativity and your talent. We are people-focused and will support you in every way to can to be the best at what you do. We recognise the importance of enjoying what you do and having a healthy work-life balance. We offer a friendly, creative, and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and a wide variety of benefits and development opportunities for all our teams to ensure you are fully supported with your physical and Mental Well-being.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to add to our culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas, and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We encourage all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neurodiversity, and beyond, because a representative team makes better products.
If you are interested in working at Rebellion, but this role doesn’t sound quite like you, we’re recruiting for a range of positions across the studio and we’re always happy to receive speculative applications via our website. Visit our Careers website to view all of our live vacancies: Rebellion: Careers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.