Senior Programmer (Generalist)
14 days ago
As a Generalist Programmer, you will be a highly valued member of an Engine and Game Development team. You should have strong C++ skills, Unreal Engine experience, be comfortable with Perforce, and have a passion for problem solving. You are a generalist knowledgeable in areas such as Gameplay and Engine.
- Integrating new releases of third party software with our current development branch.
- Creating, changing, adapting or refactoring systems as required in cooperation with other Engineers.
- Working proactively to reduce the need for engine changes.
- Profiling and optimizing within these areas: game performance, streaming and/or memory.
- Enabling and maintaining project target platforms (e.g. consoles, windows).
- Enabling PCF framework systems on the project side.
- Strong C++ knowledge and math skills.
- Minimum 3 years of software engineering experience.
- Minimum 2 years of game industry experience.
- Ability to write solid, reliable, efficient code.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated interest in games.
- High work ethic.
- Passion for games.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
Nice to have
- Unreal Engine 5 knowledge.
- Shipped title experience.
- Experience working with multithreaded systems.
- Performance and memory optimization skills.
- Console experience.
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.).
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare (Vitality) and BUPA dental insurance for PCF's employees and their families.
- Access to wellbeing platform - Gympass for employees and family members.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Online Polish and English language classes.
- Access to the pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Thunder - a new project based on one of the IPs from the Group’s portfolio.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Victoria is a yet unannounced AAA action-adventure game developed by our North American team supported by PCF’s European studios.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.