Senior Programme Manager, Defence
14 days ago
Improbable Defence is hiring a Senior Programme manager for its Defence division. This role joins the PMO group who exist to deliver predictable, efficient and successful customer-facing project, programme and portfolio management in line with the Defence Division business strategy.
This role will own the planning and delivery of a substantial programme leading to the first sustained operational capability delivered by Improbable’s Defence Division. You will help shape and guide the team for overall programme success and ensure we deliver high levels of customer satisfaction. This is an extremely important role with significant impact across the entire organisation.
Areas for Impact
- You will conscientiously lead the programme, focussing not only on delivery quality but also building processes and guidance thereby increasing our business capability for future programmes and services.
- You will lead efforts to accurately scope and plan the programme respecting our uniquely agile approach, with a wider appreciation of both the product roadmap and future commercial opportunities. In doing so you will identify opportunities to improve PM methods, tools and processes.
- You will lead efforts to accurately scope customer requirements, with a wider appreciation of both the product roadmap and commercial opportunities. In doing so you will identify opportunities to improve planning and reporting processes.
- You will lead a number of project management resources, guiding them to deliver work streams that come together to make the program successful.
- Leveraging your relationship with the customer & deep appreciation of our offering, you will also contribute to identifying up/cross-sell opportunities and be a key ally of the wider customer team.
- You will champion best practice and exemplary behaviour whilst maintaining mission focus and perseverance in navigating bureaucracy and implementing a first-of-type solution.
- You will collaborate with our customers and Improbable’s product, engineering, partner and customer success teams and third-party partner organisations to track the status of technical execution and maintain forward progress despite dynamic priorities and uncertainties.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- You have significant experience scoping and delivering complex technology programmes with ongoing service wraps. We are delivering cutting-edge cloud-hosted solutions, but are open to transferable experience.
- You have experience of the full lifecycle of B2B or B2G contracts and subcontracts (up to values in range of £10-100million+).
- You are an empathetic, collaborative leader who can move seamlessly between strategic, operational and tactical levels to guide management of contract execution in a rapidly growing and maturing organisation.
- Clear appreciation of the full software development lifecycle, either by way of a technical degree or experience in technical industry.
** Please note due to the nature of this role you will be expected to meet requirements associated with obtaining UK security vetting clearance**
The Senior Programme Manager will need to be in the Liverpool Street office two days a week and there will be occasional travel within the UK to meet with partners and customers.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.