Senior Program Manager
19 days ago
Job Title:Senior Program Manager
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a diverse community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but creating epic entertainment and the technology that drives our customers’ experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner.
Blizzard is seeking a high-performing Senior Program Manager to join the Global IT PMO and support our Corporate IT teams across Activision, Blizzard, and King. This team is responsible for managing the portfolio for our corporate IT services from desktop support to platform infrastructure and identity management to productivity tools. You will join an inclusive and welcoming team of IT Program Managers who strive to be the best in the business.
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager with a diverse project and product management skillset who is comfortable adapting their style depending on the situation at hand. They should have a good understanding of IT solutions, superb communication and relationship building skills, and an ability to adapt to shifting priorities. Our unique blend of challenges, opportunities, environment, and people, all help make this the opportunity for you!
As a Senior Program Manager, you will demonstrate the following skills consistently at a high level:
- Serve as a key partner for our engineer leaders while understanding and bridging the gap with the ever-evolving business needs
- Identify the order of importance and urgency among individual projects, portfolios, and operational tasks to plan milestones, schedules, and resources
- Ensure that projects goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achieved on schedule and within budget
- Drive major decisions, manage risks, clear blockers, and effectively communicate program status to stakeholders and leadership
- Build and maintain effective relationships with resources, partners, colleagues and leaders with fierce accountability for delivering on commitments and partner needs
- Work independently and deliver results with confidence and autonomy
- Ability to identify when and how to escalate risks to a program or project effectively
- Excellent inter-personal skills, and oral and written communication skills
- Proven track record of planning and executing IT projects, preferably for large-scale impact to end users
- Ability to break down and drive projects into clear and achievable milestones
- Knowledge and experience with various Project Management methodologies
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Experience working and driving technical teams, ideally in the IT domain
- Strong skills in stakeholder engagement and experience managing expectations
- Experience with the Atlassian product suite
- Working knowledge of Identity and Access Management, Productivity Tools (Google Workspace, O365), and/or Desktop Services
- Proven ability to ramp up quickly and effectively contribute to the success of a team
- Working understanding of product ownership to help drive roadmaps and translate business needs into technical deliverables
- Experience supporting geographically distributed teams, including international team members and stakeholders
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.