Senior Program Manager, SDET Program
19 days ago
Team Name:Quality Assurance
Job Title:Senior Program Manager, SDET Program
Blizzard QA is a close-knit team that cares about iteration, collaboration, and succeeding together. We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Senior Program Manager to help us continue to shape Blizzard's SDET Program. The SDET Program is a cross-product and cross-team effort to improve how Blizzard applies software engineering to improve quality of player experiences and development processes.
The SDET Program includes multiple product-embedded SDET teams as well as a shared tools and services development team - QA Tools. In this role you will directly support the QA Tools team's efforts to provide advantages to other SDET and development teams by delivering high quality solutions to shared challenges so those teams can focus on product specifics. By driving department-wide process improvement initiatives you will collaborate with test and development leaders and influence software development, delivery and operations culture. The T-shaped nature of the role will allow you to focus on achieving software delivery excellence with one team as well as to have a significant direct impact on a number of game, online platform and engine development teams.
Ideally you will have prior experience managing large, complex, multi-year projects and the right balance of technical and soft skills. Experience with largescale software testing challenges with a passion for building great services and tools. Additionally, you will have the organizational skills to drive quality and learning across organizations, coupled with the ability to partner with different types of people successfully. Whew! It’s a tall order. You’ve got this.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Directly support an engineering team that collaborates with customer teams to provide shared services and tools by owning end-to-end agile software development process and driving process improvements
- Partner with engineering leads and department directors to manage requests and roadmaps for multiple software products and services, communicate dates, capacity, metrics/results, and prioritization
- Engage with software engineering teams across Blizzard to organize alignment, planning, and tracking processes, assess software lifecycle challenges and provide guidance and coaching to others
- Create and deliver monthly newsletters and program status reports, quarterly business reviews, and other presentations as needed
- Own and drive internal and external relationships with key partners, evangelize team and program success, create transparency around critical decisions and trade offs
- Facilitate team and department meetings to reach decisions effectively
- Utilize work systems that support effective, balanced, sustainable work while improving project predictability, individual and team agency, and product innovation
- Champion efforts, activities and projects that build trust and collaboration within the organization
- Promote and contribute to a culture of inclusion and diversity
- 5+ years of experience managing end-to-end releases of a well-known software product
- Demonstrated success with building and maintaining enterprise-level services and products, including systems with high availability
- Detailed knowledge of software lifecycle; software development best practices; project management methodologies and release management methodologies
- Experienced SCRUM master, strong knowledge of various Agile and DevOps practices
- Technical integration experience with strong problem solving and indirect leadership skills
- Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data
- Strong interpersonal skills and a love for collaboration
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Prior software engineering or software testing experience, including Computer Science undergraduate and/or graduate degree
- Proficient with Jira and Confluence
- PMP Certification; Agile coaching and training expertise; Agile Certifications (CSM, CSPO, CSP, PMI-ACP, etc.)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!