Senior Program Manager, Cloud and Infrastructure Engineering
18 days ago
Team Name:IT - Management
Job Title:Senior Program Manager, Cloud and Infrastructure Engineering
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a diverse community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but creating epic entertainment and the technology that drives our customers’ experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner.
Blizzard is seeking a high performing Senior Program Manager to join the Global IT PMO and work in our Infrastructure and Cloud Engineering team. This team is responsible for managing the portfolio and delivery of complex projects for our Infrastructure (Network, Systems, Storage, DB) and Cloud platform teams. You will join an inclusive and welcoming team of IT Program Managers who strive to be the best in the business.
We are looking for a program manager with a diverse program management skillset who is comfortable adapting their style depending on the situation at hand. They should have a good understanding of infrastructure and cloud technologies, superb communication and relationship building skills, and an ability to adapt to shifting priorities. Our unique blend of challenges, opportunities, environment, and people, all help make this the opportunity for you.
As a program manager, you will demonstrate the following skills consistently at a high level:
- Identify the order of importance and urgency among individual projects, portfolios and operational tasks to plan milestones, schedules and resources
- Ensure that projects goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achieved on schedule and within budget
- Drive major decisions, identify and eliminate risks and blockers, communicate program status to stakeholders and leadership
- Build and maintain effective relationships with resources, partners, colleagues and leaders with fierce accountability for delivering on commitments and partner needs
- Work independently and deliver results with little or no supervision
- Communicate effectively and clearly with stakeholders of all levels by tailoring your message to the audience
- Demonstrate the value of partner engagement by knowing when to engage, who to engage, and how to engage while keeping inclusion and collaboration at the forefront of your approach
- Model self-awareness in personal interactions and read both verbal and non-verbal signs to influence without direct authority
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the organization by driving continuous improvement within designated program area and IT PMO
- Set a positive example daily by providing guidance, thinking globally, bringing people together and actively mentoring other members of the team
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
COVID-19 Hiring Update:
We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.