Senior Production Coordinator: Technical Art
13 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Toronto is on the lookout for a talented Senior Production Coordinator to join our Technical Art team and assist in making some of the most highly respected and widely recognized AAA titles in video games.
This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Oakville, Canada.
WHAT WE DO
- We develop complex tools and pipelines for Artists to author, automate and manage game assets.
- We work alongside other departments in the RnD of various aspects of our pipelines like body and facial animation, secondary motion, character effects and rigging, improving the quality of assets in the game and the efficiency of our pipelines.
- We work closely with other departments to influence UI design to be as intuitive as possible for the end user.
- We help to bridge different disciplines, making code requirements and limitations relatable to artists and expressing artist objectives and goals to code.
- Organize, attend, and ensure team meetings are properly documented and action points are carried out.
- Promote and facilitate meetings for systems specifications and user story mappings, possessing a broad understanding of our technologies and goals which these systems aim to achieve.
- Liaise with managers and production team organizing sprints and supporting its maintenance by following up with developers.
- Help streamline and adjust our project management processes to suit the team's specific workflow needs, while helping increase the reliability of meeting our goals.
- Help manage the flow of tasks in our pipelines, assisting development teams in identifying and resolving issues preventing progress.
- Maintain an awareness of team goals and timelines.
- Prepare production reports.
- Assign, prioritize, and track tasks using our in-house project management tools.
- A bachelor’s degree in related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in production or project management.
- Proficiency in multiple software tools to manage projects and facilitate related communication, including and not limited to Excel, Bug Tracking Programs (i.e. TestTrack Pro, JIRA, Bugzilla), Figma, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Genuine enthusiasm for making and playing all types of video games.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to write accurate and descriptive bug reports.
- Proven ability to communicate and comprehend technical information in both written and verbal form.
- An aptitude for working in a deadline-focused team environment.
- Self-motivated and adaptable with strong problem-solving skills.
- An eagerness to learn new software and develop skillsets.
- Strong data modeling and management skills.
- Experience with MS Office, particularly around Excel.
- Able to work both on a variety of tasks simultaneously: sometimes as a team and sometimes of their own autonomy.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or similar formal training.
- Professional experience in Software Development, Video Games, or similar industry.
- Programming experience building complex reports, data modeling or applied to software development is a plus.
- In-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.