Senior Product Researcher
12 days ago
The Product team at Improbable Defence is responsible for the design of valuable and desirable products that users need and align closely to customer (business) goals enabling our customers to save money and save lives.
As a Senior Product Researcher, you will work cross-functionally with product managers and owners, project management, business development, designers, data modelers and engineers to name but a few across the business to ensure that human-centered design and customer / user research is at the heart of our decision-making.
Whilst this role traditionally sits within the UX researcher space, the role title reflects that, as a B2B company, our customers are actually our clients and must be understood in detail alongside our end-users.
It is essential that we blend research activities to understand both our customer and their stakeholder needs, goals and requirements, identify, challenge and validate assumptions and ‘up-stream’ solutions and align these to a deep understanding of user needs and behaviour to inform our overall Product design and development strategy.
Research will initially be generative in nature to support ‘demonstrator’ and pilot projects with a view to be able to utilise the full spectrum of research methodologies once projects and products mature into a typical Product delivery lifecycle.
Areas for Impact
- You will be a key stakeholder, with a growing influence of helping shape UX research as an expertise and its integration into Product; identifying and fulfilling research priorities, processes, partnerships and opportunities
- You will design, conduct, analyse and report results of customer and user-centered design generative research, contextual enquiry and usability testing
- You will lead and help facilitate collaborative workshops (internal and with customers and their stakeholders) for a range of purposes (eg. discovery, product scope and definition).
- You will work closely with our Product team to provide quantitative and qualitative customer, stakeholder and user insights directly into the product design and development process, and to prioritise research needs.
- You will interact with key decision makers across UK military and beyond and will be a key product feedback channel to improve our offering
- You will be an active advocate of design thinking methodology to influence our customers and internal stakeholders on the benefits of this insight driven, user-centric approach
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Mature industry experience in an advanced mIddleweight-level or senior UX Researcher role or similar, working on large scale, strategic projects
- Proficient customer and stakeholder engagement (preferably B2B) with strong influencing and communication skills and a collaborative working style
- Significant experience crafting research using mixed qualitative and quantitative to tackle complex, large scale projects and questions
- Extensive experience setting clear goals, deadlines and key milestones for both research discovery and validation, and tracking progress against these successfully
- Highly experienced in modern UX research approaches, frameworks and methodologies
- Highly experienced with research and gathering & synthesis of insight and data to inform design decisions
- Experience working in a complex organisation working alongside / in cross-functional product-orientated and agile teams
- Experience working in a B2B setting
- Experience in running discovery sprints
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!
Please note due to the nature of this role you will be expected to meet requirements associated with obtaining UK security vetting clearance.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.