Senior Product Marketing Manager
San Francisco, California, United States
3 months ago
We’re looking for an experienced product marketer who shares our passion for fun and play, and wants to join us in building a best-in-class product marketing organization as we bring Discord to more and more thriving communities globally.
In this critical role, you’ll be at the center of it all: leading the go-to-market strategy and rollout of new products, advising and influencing the development of our future product roadmap, and developing a clear position for Discord products to grow their utility, value, and delight with all kinds of users.
What you'll be doing
- Develop overarching product narrative in partnership with Product, Engineering and Communications teams
- Set and build alignment for global launch strategy and rollout, including goal-setting and success metrics
- Create product and feature positioning and communication plans
- Advise, inform and support ongoing product roadmap planning with user insights, competitive landscape, and risk assessment
- Establish owned & operated framework on Discord platform to communicate ongoing product changes and updates
- Provide clear, proactive user education, tools, and support with Product Design, Customer Experience, and Policy teams to maintain positive user sentiment
- Develop marketing campaigns with Community and Creative teams to bring delight to Discord users and partners
What you should have
- Structured thinking and framework for solving complex problems
- Exceptional communication skills and strong cross-functional leadership track record
- Curiosity to learn and a desire to act and get (all kinds of) things done!
- 6-8 years of consumer product marketing experience in tech, preferably with social products, technologies and platforms
- Affinity towards quantitative and qualitative data with an analytical background
- Incredible resourcefulness to drive teams toward consensus and decisions
- Excellent track record of marketing execution and consistency, including owning and scaling products globally
- Prior experience in gaming or understanding of gaming landscape
- Prior experience or understanding of online communities, user privacy, platform trust and safety, etc.
- Passion for Discord and belief in our mission
- Product development/management or product design experience
- Additional marketing experience in branding, media, partnerships, or communications
- Marketing experience with the developer / partner / business audience
- Entrepreneurial or start-up background
- Mentor or management experience