Senior Product Marketing Manager, Indie Games
San Francisco, CA, United States
15 days ago
Unity is the world's most popular game development platform, used by millions of developers reaching billions of players. The depth and breadth of Unity’s capabilities are increasing at an accelerating rate, enabling new kinds of game experiences for a growing population of players.
As the Senior Product Marketing Manager for Indie Games, you will be responsible for developing and driving the business strategy and go-to-market plans. You will be the expert of the indie game customer segment, and will work to align value propositions for Unity solutions to buyer and user personas within the gaming industry. Your success will depend on a comprehensive understanding of Unity’s solutions and games customers, measured by your impact on Unity’s business goals.
You will report to the Head of Product Marketing for Games and partner closely with Product Management, Business Development, Live & Digital, and other Marketing teams to deliver innovative and high-impact marketing to game creators.
- Define the go-to-market strategy for the indie games market segment and lead the cross functional execution across the broader marketing organization
- Collaborate with technology-focused product marketers to ensure value propositions and messaging of technology, features, and services carry through into your narratives
- Partner with content marketing and demand generation to define what content will be created to target users and drive the pipeline
- Own the collaboration with digital marketing to concept and drive campaigns, sales plays, and funnel optimizations that maximize Unity’s digital growth
- Know your target customer base and champion their needs through data analytics and direct engagement to contribute to roadmap and inform broader go-to-market plans
- Understand the competitive landscape, spot and follow key trends, and engage with customers to inform your strategic plans
- Develop comprehensive sales enablement to sell effectively and hit revenue targets. Help define sales toolkit contents, create the materials, and ensure the sales teams are trained
- Ability to build thoughtful, strategic, data driven, and actionable B2B plans, then bring them to completion while conducting market and customer analysis
- Can rapidly grasp complex technical details and potential use cases for technology/innovation across a wide spectrum of game-related technology domains
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence people across all functional areas of an organization, including sales and marketing
- Ability to focus and prioritize ruthlessly in a very fast-paced and ambiguous environment, in order to drive the highest impact on the games business
- Ability to build thoughtful, strategic, and actionable plans to completion as well as self-motivated and results-driven
- Background in the video game industry
- Previous B2B experience
- Digital marketing or e-commerce experience
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.