Senior Product Marketing Manager, Consumer
2 months ago
Discord is growing fast and we're building an outstanding product marketing organization to help shape and scale our product. The product marketing team sits at the center of our users and our product and plays an important part in how our company grows and evolves. We're a passionate and kind group of people who need more experts to continue making Discord the best place to talk.
We're looking for a senior product marketer with consumer experience who shares our passion for fun and play and wants to join us in adding enthusiasm to the team as we continue to bring Discord to more and more users globally.
You'll launch new consumer-facing features and updates that make it easy and seamless to hop into social hangouts with your group on Discord. You'll lead the strategy around how to identify growth opportunities for the social games product roadmap, and help guide the development of a clear position for Discord as a place to hang out by building on interactivity features available. You will report to the Director of Product Marketing.
What you'll be doing
- Partner directly with Product and Engineering teams to identify the right experiments to run, data/telemetry to track and analyze, or features to optimize to improve user engagement on Discord
- Develop overarching product narrative in partnership with Product, Engineering, and Communications teams
- Set and build agreement for global launch strategy and rollout, including goal-setting and success metrics
- Create product and feature positioning and communication plans.
- Work with our Product and Engineering teams to advise and support ongoing product roadmap planning with user insights, competitive landscape, and risk assessment
- Establish owned & operated framework on Discord platform to communicate ongoing product updates
- Provide clear user education, tools, and support with Product Design, Customer Experience, and Policy teams to maintain positive user sentiment
- Develop marketing campaigns with Community and Creative teams to bring delight to Discord users and partners
What you should have
- 5+ years of product marketing experience in tech, preferably with social products, technologies, and platforms
- Expertise in using qualitative and quantitative data to build products and stories
- Experience with marketing execution and consistency, including building and scaling products globally
- Experience working in a green field space to uncover not just how we should build or market a feature, but what we should be building
- Experience with driving or working directly with research to identify user benefits and consumer truths that lead to insights
- Ability to guide teams toward agreement and decisions
- Passion for Discord and belief in our mission
- Product development/management or product design experience
- Experience with marketing games - casual, social/mainstream, tabletop
- Experience with consumer revenue products around subscription, or in-app purchases
- Additional marketing experience in branding, media, partnerships, or communications
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.