Senior Product Manager (m/f/d)
13 days ago
About DECA Games
We believe that games should be played for decades but many are abandoned even when a loyal community is screaming to keep them alive. DECA specializes in acquiring games from other developers and reinvigorating them to continue to entertain for decades. Where other studios see an old game, we see a fantastic set of problems to solve and a huge opportunity.
DECA is a remote company with over 300 people in over 30 countries globally. DECA is also a part of the Embracer Group, the largest public gaming company in Europe.
About our culture
We’ve managed to maintain a small company feel with the stability and resources of a much larger one. We fully believe in the flexibility of a remote workplace. Team members are trusted to manage their time and get things done independently. We think that egos and politics need to be checked at the virtual door. That means no jerks are allowed, that no job is too small for anyone, and an openness to help and learn from each other is required. We love the challenge of working within constraints and love when we succeed as a team. Check out more about us and our values on our website (www.decagames.com).
This is a remote position. You can work from anywhere in the world in the CET timezone (9 am - 6 pm CET).
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who can make an impact on the performance of our games. Working closely with our BI, Design, LiveOps, Development, QA, CS, CM, and Product teams, you will be fully responsible for the performance of one or more game titles in the DECA portfolio. Tirelessly drive forward data exploration, user behavior analysis, and other statistical approaches on the product you are responsible for as well as the continuous monitoring of business-critical KPIs. Your analytical understanding helps you to see clearly how our products grow and how they can be improved.
- Helm a fully-fledged remote game team across multiple disciplines.
- Own the product vision for one or more game titles.
- Identify and determine features that will have an impact on KPIs in line with the potentially changing needs of the product.
- Create high-level feature specifications and user stories and follow up from concept to release.
- Report to the Head of the Studio on game performance and forecast.
- Develop an in-depth analytical understanding of what drives growth for the games and how it can be improved.
- Base your decisions on your ability to deep dive into vital game KPIs.
- Define the key performance metrics for the teams to judge and monitor product performance.
- Be able to assess complex core loop design and break it down for a better understanding by team members.
Important: Most of DECA’s games are acquired assets and not developed in-house from scratch.
- 5+ years experience in a data-intensive product manager role.
- Strong knowledge of game KPIs and their proper interpretation.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel.
- Experience in the tracking and analysis of user behavior (for example using Google Analytics or a similar service).
- Experience with hybrid monetization models including in-game store and battle pass/subscription models.
- Bonus: knowledge of SQL and BI tools.
- Remote first company culture.
- Flexible work hours to support a personal work-life balance.
- Weekly remote Embodiment@Work breathing and workout exercises.
- Online language classes: English, German, French, Spanish, etc.
- Working in a multicultural environment with people from over 30 different countries.
- Flat hierarchies with an open-door policy.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.