Senior Product Manager
19 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join a new unannounced project in Dublin or Barcelona on a hybrid basis.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
We are in the early stages of development on an ambitious, unannounced Strategy/MMO title, creating a team of talented and passionate game makers to join us on this exciting journey!
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Product Manager on our unannounced cross-platform strategy game, you will be responsible for delivering work in high-scope, complex, and often ambiguous product areas. You will be a part of our Product Management team, where you'll work with other Product Managers and cross-disciplinary pod members to drive features from concept to live.
We are a player focused game and team. Therefore, you will apply your player empathy across various target personas to ensure experiential continuity across all of our geos and platforms. Collaboration and communication will be key for this role as you will become the point of contact for why and how we create a AAA player experience while still achieving our business goals.
- You will be responsible for the outcomes of 1 or more pods as a product owner. Therefore, you will need to be flexible, an adaptable self-starter, and able to identify obstacles and drive decisions for and with stakeholders across various levels
- Become an expert on the product and the marketing positioning of our game within the genre so that you develop a deep understanding of our players’ motivations and desires from a global perspective
- Craft product specs that aligns the team on the opportunity, risk, target KPIs, shotcalls, and comp analysis as part of the feature greenlight process
- Deep understanding of core metrics to develop hypotheses and strategies for serving our players while balancing business goals
- Drive the implementation of new innovations to improve target KPIs. More importantly, you possess the ability to distinguish between the need to innovate and borrow from established best practices.
- You come with and continue to develop frameworks that drive clear tradeoffs as part of decision making in an imperfect information and resource constrained environment
- Collaborate with UX Lead and Scopely research teams to design and run hypothesis testing to inform the rest of the game team to make a data-informed decision
- Mentor and help manage junior product managers
What We’re Looking For
- Extensive experience leading a PM function in mobile F2P games, ideally managing a live game
- Experience driving revenue and engagement targets on a live game
- Ability to effectively balance the needs of technology, business, and user experience
- Aptitude and ability to manage a complex ecosystem with players in different life cycles and spend propensity
- Able to articulate the “why” instead of just the “how and “what” to drive team-wide alignment on product vision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in cross-platform (i.e. mobile / HD / PC) and understanding of tradeoffs and synergies across the platforms
- Experience working with game engines (Unity preferred)
- A logical thought process and an investigative, analytical mindset
- Understanding of game design concepts and principles
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.