Senior Product Manager, Web & Mobile: Call of Duty
11 days ago
Job Title:Senior Product Manager, Web & Mobile: Call of Duty
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall® , Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
As a Sr. Product Manager you will lead, shape and execute the web product roadmap for CallOfDuty.com, mobile COD companion app, and other marketing centric web initiatives. You will serve as a liaison between the digital marketing team, marketing analytics, consumer marketing, editorial and consumer tech to help define and prioritize features of the web experience. This role will oversee the overall product strategy and guide the team around overall best practices, especially optimal user-experience, user-flows, page design, search engine optimization and data strategy.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Developing and owning the product vision and roadmap for the web products supporting CallOfDuty (including the .com, as well as other COD centric marketing sites apps), keeping teams updated on the top level goals, timelines and progress
- Partnering with consumer tech and creative marketing on planning and implementation, as well as managing expectations with other stakeholders (internal and external)
- Be the subject matter expert on the web platform, and push our thinking forward about user experience and overall best practices
- Brief UX/UI and design resources on the implementation of flow, layout and design
- Leading the team around the best implementation of new game marketing pages, purchase flows, news (blog), and My COD (logged in state, including in-game store).
- Prioritizing new ideas, and building a test-and-learn strategy in partnership with our marketing tech and marking analytics teams to improve our ability to get users engaged with the content on web and other platforms.
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- At least 3 years of experience as a PM working on web products, websites and mobile applications
- Experience working on products that serve an marketing function, with a strong understanding of industry best practices
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and shape an existing product by continuously seeking out and pursuing new opportunities.
- Data-driven mindset that is able to understand our player base and market trends and translate them into business opportunities.
- Proven ability to generate innovative ideas and solve complex problems while staying true to Blizzard’s core values.
- Ability to build strong partnerships, influence and partner with senior executives to drive change and results.
- Exceptional business judgement with a strategic and analytical mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to articulate complex ideas and influence others.
- Ability to be a self-starter and individual contributor on the team
- Ability to communicate well, in both small and large groups
- Comfortable with giving and receiving candid feedback
- A deep passion for gaming and entertainment.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is required.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.