Senior Product Manager, Tools - World of Warcraft
1 month ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Senior Product Manager, Tools - World of Warcraft
Do you constantly think of how you could better design the products you use? Are you excited by deep dives into complex and unfamiliar problem spaces, and can you emerge with a clear vision? Do you love to help others work efficiently? We build the tools that build World of Warcraft and we want you to join us!
Our Product Designer will help us evolve the UX and workflow for our internal tools. The designer will work with the entire team, across all disciplines, to identify workflow improvements, efficiency problems, and unintuitive or inconsistent designs or experiences. The designer will, of course, help design solutions to improve all of these and produce artifacts to support our engineers in making better tools.
This role is best suited for a designer who will balance their expertise and creativity with user empathy and advocacy, and who will drive improvements in a culture that values individual autonomy and experimentation. The right candidate will think of themselves as a partner in raising our quality bar.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and engineers to develop deep expertise in World of Warcraft content creation, surface workflow issues and poor user experiences, and help guide internal application design and direction
- Design conceptual wireframes, user flow diagrams, and prototypes to solidify design direction
- Build relationships across teams and disciplines and use them to support and drive your ideas
- Develop processes for research, feedback, and iteration
- Participate in and contribute to a culture of inclusion and diversity
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a UI, UX, or interaction designer in gaming, web design, mobile apps, or related fields
- Proven knowledge of design trends, patterns, usability, and best practices
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with one or more of: user-centered design, information architecture, usability, accessibility, and interaction design
- Experience with computer programming concepts and software development processes
- Experience creating wireframes or prototypes using standard tools of the design trade (e.g. Sketch, Axure, Photoshop, Adobe XD)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in UX design, human-computer interaction, cognitive science, human factors, or a related field
- Experience working on internal applications and keeping a small group of dedicated and important users happy
- Passion for World of Warcraft
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!