Senior Product Manager, Social Systems
Irvine, CA, United States
2 months ago
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Product Manager to help us build the ultimate platform for online entertainment enabling gamers to engage in Blizzard’s legendary worlds.
The Battle.net group handles a large number of projects that are not tied to individual games but are shared among all of Blizzard’s games past and future. This position will help define and execute the vision for various online services, engage with engineering teams, and collaborate with game team partners. You will interact with senior technical leaders and engineers for all games at Blizzard as well as senior managers within Battle.net.
You are a seasoned product or program manager. Prior experience managing large, complex, multi-year projects with the right balance of technical and soft skills, and a passion for building great services end-to-end. Your organizational skills will drive quality across organizations and build partnerships across disciplines.
Daily Quests (Responsibilities)
- Deliver key platform features and enhancements to existing services while managing a product lifecycle end-to-end.
- Act as product owner for components of the platform to ensure that features address business needs, add value and are prioritized against existing initiatives.
- Own and drive internal and external partner relationships.
- Ensure the group’s tank ability, crowd control, and DPS are optimal (balance competing requirements and dependencies within the team).
- Inspire change management process to capture change requests, communicate impact, request partner decisions, and execute changes if applicable.
- Author critical product specifications, detailed roadmaps, and related deliverables.
- Plan product lifecycle strategy and vision, while constantly assessing a product’s contribution to the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a technology server / service organization
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills and a love for collaboration
- Solid understanding of software development processes and project management methodologies
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Thrive in a dynamic, changing environment
- Passion for Blizzard games
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for growth. Our people are everything. Our values are real, and our mission has never changed. Blizzard dedicated itself to creating the most entertainment experiences…ever. Join us.