Senior Product Manager, Skillz Fitness
San Francisco, CA, United States
9 days ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 20,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host billions of casual esports tournaments for 30 million players worldwide.
Last year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we're looking for:
Our product development team sets the vision for Skillz. Skillz is a mobile social gaming platform where players compete for real world prizes by playing their favorite mobile games. Skillz has enabled hundreds of games to add competitive dynamics for real world prizes to create entirely new play experiences, opportunities for monetization and a new way to make e-sports more inclusive for everyone. Skillz is expanding beyond mobile gaming into fitness to bring competition and real prizes to your daily workout! Compete in a virtual marathon with runners around the world. Face off against cyclists in your neighborhood. Lead your city in taking steps!
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with our business teams and developer partners to help build features for Skillz fitness
- Create wireframes, write specifications and present recommendations for new features in our ever evolving platform
- Perform analysis to optimize feature performance and propose product rollout plans to deliver improvements to our web products
- Oversee the research, data gathering and studies required to produce thoughtful product evolutions
- Maintain processes to ensure documentation, reports and plans are accurate and complete
- Work alongside teammates who care about building great products as much as you do
- 6+ years of experience in product management, product development, game design, management consulting, or similar field
- 2+ years of experience performing quantitative analysis, preferably for a web, mobile or other technology company
- Degree in engineering, computer science, or other quantitative field
- Ability to approach complex problems and transform them into simple and elegant solutions
- Understanding of data analysis and using testing methods to inform decisions
- Strong communication skills and comfortable liaising between technical and non-technical partners
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to respond to feedback and implement ideas in a changing environment.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.