Linden Research, Inc. dba Linden Lab develops platforms that empower people to create, share, and benefit from virtual experiences. Founded in 1999, the company first launched Second Life, the groundbreaking virtual world enjoyed by millions around the globe, in 2003, which has since gone on to boast nearly two billion user creations and a vibrant $500 million (USD) economy.
As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll utilize in-depth product knowledge to successfully drive key projects on Second Life. You’ll work alongside a supportive team of people across engineering, design, QA and other cross-functional teams to build products and new experiences and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the original metaverse.
You’ll enable growth and scale by shipping features that improve our customer experience -- including solutions that help us attract users, enhance engagement and drive retention. This is a great opportunity for a thought leader with strong technical acumen, exceptional communication skills, and thoughtful execution.
- Manage the production of new features from concept through completion, as well as product updates and revisions.
- Oversee planning and execution of projects: production schedules, resourcing, and quality assurance against quantifiable goals.
- Immerse yourself in Second Life to attain a deep understanding of the feature set and use cases and learn the culture by getting to know the user community.
- Identify opportunities within the company, assist the Product Team in the creation and management of strategic plans and influence technical strategy in the context of broader organizational strategies and goals.
- Promote the value of the core experience of Second Life to other parts of Linden Lab, and help ensure Product leverages the ideas and resources of the larger organization.
- Work with internal teams to identify key needs and define the product strategy, helping to develop the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
- Ensure that products demonstrate and exemplify quality and performance.
- Cultivate collaborative and productive working relationships with a diverse group of internal stakeholders and embrace healthy conflict rooted in mutual respect and trust.
- Invest in the growth and development of the team through active mentorship and knowledge sharing.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Successful track record in the development of high-profile entertainment software or digital products.
- Demonstrated success motivating and supporting teams to successfully reach their goals and beyond.
- Ability to identify product features that will have the most impact from a business and customer experience perspective
- Ability to assess the feasibility and effort levels of producing new product features.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for knowledge sharing and team mentorship.
- Assertive and motivated team player, able to work in a team environment with maturity and leadership.
- Professional understanding of project design & development pipelines.
- Proven ability to work synchronously and asynchronously in a remote environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent academic training and experience in games, digital, or interactive.
- 5+ years experience managing internal development teams within the internet or video game industries, creating top quality services or games.
- Experience with metrics, goal setting, experimentation and growth-oriented development.
- Experience with mobile development and Jira are a plus.
Biannual conference travel preferred.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in an office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Linden Lab seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace;
therefore candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Fine Print :
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.