Senior Product Manager, Live Operations
14 days ago
Amazon Games is looking for a Senior Live Operations Producer to manage live operations product for the Amazon Game Studios Live Operations Team. In this role, you will work closely with our franchise lead to establish, execute, and review the product's publishing plan for massively multiplayer online games.
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
We believe that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. You are an enthusiastic optimist who enjoys pioneering into unknown frontiers. You are passionate about developing others in their careers. You have demonstrated experience in building inventive and successful games, and thoughtfully informed ideas about where the games industry is going and how future games will be built, published, and operated. In this role you:
· Are a simplifier – articulating when it is appropriate to build, improve an existing solution, or integrate existing features for a more cohesive end-to-end customer experience.
· Influence technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions ensuring business and technology teams are aligned to customer needs.
· Negotiate to make smart trade-offs (e.g., time vs. effort vs. features), and drive appropriate schedules and readjust priorities to ensure the right customer, technology, and engineering outcomes.
· Proactively mitigate risks and help reduce a product’s exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood, ineffective cross-team collaboration, insufficient testing) and influence teams to eliminate problems that stifle innovation or cause user dissatisfaction
· Build consensus to find the best way forward - test assumptions and know when to enlist senior leader reviews to ensure solutions scale to meet “think big” business ideas.
· Develop product plans that have clear, measurable success criteria; define mechanisms and metrics (e.g., KPIs, funnels, conversion, awareness) that enable you to quickly explain your product’s/feature adoption, performance and any variance against goals.
· Proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms that make the customer experience visible and to ensure your product stays aligned with business goals.
· Report and communicate weekly KPI results, progress toward long term goals, near term tactics and long term strategy for ensuring targets are met across the org.
· Partner with marketing, community and game leads to plan and manage launches of major new features and marketing campaigns.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· 3+ years professional experience managing, PM'ing or producing game operations at scale.
· 8+ years game industry experience.
· 3+ years professional experience managing all aspects of player lifecycle for a game at scale (games with over 250k monthly unique users).
· 2+ years game design experience.
· 2+ Years PR and community facing experience.
· 2+ Years QA experience.
· Ability to think on your feet and respond to rapidly changing data sets in real time.
· Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas.
· Ability to work cross-functionally and influence decisions by using data across a variety of signals to build convincing arguments that address the needs of stakeholders.
· Ability to problem-solve using creative thinking and innovation.
· Experience weighing competing needs and ability to make trade-offs and tough calls quickly using data and analysis in a way that is timely. Recognizes the point of diminishing return of data analysis to make optimally speedy and informed calls.
· Excellent verbal and written communication.
· Familiarity with Twitch.
· Experience with competitive esport ecosystems on the publisher, team, or tournament organizer level
· Familiarity with data analysis and visualization tools (Tableau, STATA, SAS, JMP, etc…).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.