Senior Product Manager, Item Shop
9 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Product Management partners with game development, publishing, marketing, and platform teams to provide a data and market-driven view of product strategy that aligns with business goals. As part of Epic’s Growth Team, we use our product expertise to identify and drive growth levers to grow our player base and business.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Product Manager, you will collaborate with cross-functional team members to drive initiatives on the Fortnite Shop, with a focus on monetization and economy management. You will use both creative and analytical skills to identify opportunities, define product strategy, support roadmap development, execute live operations, and contribute to strategic planning.
In this role, you will
- Work closely with the game development team to design, implement, and optimize the content pipeline, merchandising plan, and feature roadmap for the Fortnite Shop
- Define measurable feature and initiative goals as well as create detailed business and product requirements that are used to guide design and technical specifications
- Collaborate with marketing and other consumer team partners on go-to-market strategies and execution for major content activations
- Monitor overall economy health and the performance of in-game activations to define best practices, identify new opportunities, and provide regular updates to the cross-functional team
- Partner with Analytics, Player Insights, and other Product Managers to answer business and design questions through A/B testing, user surveys, and in-depth data analysis
What we're looking for
- 4+ years of Product Management experience across live operations, virtual economy management, and feature/system design
- A passion for games and a deep understanding of growth, retention, and monetization principles and mechanics
- Demonstrated ability to contribute in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Experience analyzing large data-sets to identify actionable insights; Excel and SQL proficiency is required; Tableau proficiency is a plus
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; including experience writing concept pitches and product requirement documents
- Experience managing and mentoring a team of high-performing Product Managers is a plus
This role is open to multiple locations (including CA, NYC, & WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
New York City Base Pay Range
$164,706 — $241,569 USD
California Base Pay Range
$154,823 — $241,569 USD
Washington Base Pay Range
$154,823 — $227,074 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.