This job might no longer be available.
Product Manager, Finance
Redwood City California 94065 United States
10 months ago
Would you like to help EA build creative games by creating experiences that attract and develop great people? Are you passionate about empowering new business models for players to play video games and consume content ? Do you want to be part of the gaming industry that is poised to be the century’s top form of entertainment ? Are you strategic in your vision yet hands-on in your delivery?
You will report to the Product Management Director of Finance (as part of the EAIT Product and Program Management function) and will build the next generation of products to prepare our organization for operating in the future. Working with corporate functions (like Finance, Tax, Treasury, Controllership, Accounting, Marketing, Legal, Business Development, Digital Platforms, Supply Chain) you will identify impactful opportunities and work with delivery teams to make solutions come to life!
Create product line vision, goals and roadmap based on solving customer’s biggest problems
- Uncover underlying customer needs by understanding end-user perspectives and pain points (focusing on the “why”)
- Make the case for change and decide what problems to invest in
- Collaborate with partners to establish goals that promote cohesive experiences
- Determine product strategy that aligns with EA’s complex product ecosystem, considering industry trends, vendor marketspace, and organizational priorities
- Ensure cohesion across products and organization
Determine what capabilities and delivery approach will have the biggest return on investment
- Transform specific customer requests into prioritized capabilities that solve the underlying need
- Determine the customer journey, process maps, and detailed user stories/requirements
- Partner with engineering and vendors to assess build vs. buy options, focused on delivering simple and scalable solutions with a reasonable time to value
- Discuss trade-offs and fit gap analysis to guide product decisions and set partner expectations
Manage delivery cycle to take ideas from concept to implementation
- Refine requirements based on prototyping, hands-on testing, and iterative feedback, acting as a bridge between customer desires and technical realities
- Guide end-to-end product release including feature design, integrations, data migration, cutover from legacy applications, and stabilization/support
- Manage sprint plans, issues, and decisions, anticipating risk and ensuring focus stays on maximizing value within timeline and resource constraints
- Manage resource allocation, budget and spend
- Track and communicate progress while managing user/partner/leadership expectations
Manage change and improve product to adapt to changing customer needs
- Promote collaboration with partner groups on process, people and policy changes to enhance product changes
- Build awareness, excitement and knowledge of new features through communication and training material creation and facilitation of training sessions
- Solicit feedback and analyze data to test and evolve product and approach
Indirectly manage work of other product managers
- Provide oversight and coaching to less senior team members
- Bridge decisions, issues and focus of multiple products to ensure product line as a whole is delivering a consistent user experience optimizing resources
- BS/BA degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or IT
- Expertise in Finance – Revenue Recognition and processing and forecasting
- You will shape holistic solutions, including people and process change with our partners and build platforms
- Familiarity with transaction management software like Oracle EBS, SAP, Workday, NetSuite - revenue management systems a definite plus
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer a culture that values creativity and individuality.