This job might no longer be available.
Senior Product Manager - DevOps - Engine Productivity
5 months ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
The Engine forms the heart of Roblox: it's the platform everything else is built upon. The Engine guides the experiences end-users see with our apps on their devices. The Engine powers the Studio IDE. The Engine powers our Roblox Cloud Compute environment. The Productivity team builds the systems and tools that allow the Engine team to work, from the build system to the UI of our telemetry dashboards and more.
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager to bring the voice of the customer to the Productivity team. You'll work with internal customers, from IC engineers to executive partners at the Roblox headquarters in San Mateo, to ensure we're building the right systems. You'll strategize and improve to consider how we can make our engineers more engaging. And you'll improve to find ways to provide the same systems we use to build Roblox to our community of millions of developers so that they can work more effectively.
- Work with engineering leadership, internal customers, and external developers to lead the vision, roadmap, and requirements for our Engine productivity products and systems including build, test automation, release automation, and telemetry tooling.
- Work with data scientists and engineers to define and measure the right goals for the Productivity team, validating the data qualitatively with customers.
- Define the specifications for both low-level and user-facing projects and make the day-day decisions that happen during execution to ensure the team is shipping successful projects.
- Communicate with other company partners, including executives, engineers, designers, and product team members.
- 5+ years Product Management and C++ knowledge with leadership and execution skills.
- Familiar with concepts and systems that ensure efficient software development at scale, such as build, automated testing, and deployment.
- Experience shipping technical products for internal customers.
- Comfortable with data, from working with engineering and data scientists to determine the right telemetry to implement to using data to inform prioritization and feature development.
- You can define a clear goal and iterate to it, prioritizing scalability.
- Communication in a form appropriate to the audience, from verbal executive briefing to detailed written specifications and wireframes.
You Might Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar technical field.
- Experience shipping DevOps products.
- Familiari with build and release for both web-based and binary products (desktop and mobile).
- Familiar with tools and systems used for 3D, from CAD to game development to CG/VFX.
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$269,640 — $318,090 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.