Senior Product Manager, Developer Portal
Irvine, CA, United States
8 days ago
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Product Manager to help us deliver epic platform products by joining the Battle.net & Online Products: Content & Developer Services – Developer Portal team.
The Battle.net & Online Products (B&OP) organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, product managers, project managers, and designers focused on building the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, visiting our websites, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that you have engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
The Content & Developer Services platform group provides developers with tools and services to grow online communities and experiences around our epic game worlds that are as fun and enriching as the games themselves.
In the role of Senior Product Manager on the Developer Portal team, you will play a key role in the development and improvement of products that facilitate the onboarding, integration, and operation of game titles and consumer software applications on Blizzard’s online gaming platform. You will champion developers with maximum empathy and business focus, serving as their voice to the Developer Portal team, striving to make the overall experience of platform integration intuitive and empowering.
You will work with customers inside and outside of Blizzard to identify problems, determine objectives, and propose solutions. You will drive alignment on functional specifications, ensure the delivery of high-quality products, and measure their performance against their goals. You will help with defining and championing the product vision to continuously improve our online solutions. You will interact with senior technical and design leaders, engineers, designers, and product managers across the company, and senior managers within Battle.net & Online Products.
Our ideal candidate is a seasoned product manager with prior experience leveraging the right balance of organizational & people management skills on behalf of solving customer problems at scale. You possess the ability to build consensus among diverse teams of people and guide them into highly collaborative partnerships. And you obsess over helping developers succeed in their quest to keep players excited, energized, and entertained by the Blizzard games they love, even when they’re not actively playing.
- Manage the overall lifecycle of Developer Portal products providing the bond between our players, our games, and our services
- Create business goals, drive alignment of product strategy, and manage product delivery in a highly dynamic environment determined to “Lead Responsibly”
- Develop and champion vision and values for the portfolio in line with Blizzard and Battle.net & Online Products long-range plans and objectives
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and user researchers to understand the problems and opportunities addressable by the portfolio and its products
- Communicate product needs through the collection and creation of functional specifications, business requirements, user stories, scenarios, user studies, and data analysis
- Lead collaboration and generate consensus across a cross-functional team to develop products and features on time and with measurable value
- Measure the success of products and features against the business objectives they serve through the thoughtful identification and monitoring of key results and performance metrics
- Influence beyond Battle.net & Online Products by driving alignment of priorities and timelines with teams across Blizzard Entertainment
- Contribute to sustaining a healthy team culture, built around Blizzard core values
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience with product, program, and project management
- Strong systems analysis skills; need to be able to learn and understand systems by studying them
- Emphasis on driving toward a high-quality user experience
- Experience managing products through the full product life cycle
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Comfortable giving presentations to large groups and senior management
- Ability to solicit and manage customer requirements from many - often competing - sources.
- Ability to understand customers and customer segments. Align opportunities and prioritize to business value
- Strategic problem-solving skills, including identifying product opportunities and those that aren’t
- Strong people management skills, and a demonstrated ability to manage without authority
- Passion for iteration in order to find the optimal solution, but at the same time understands diminishing returns
- Skilled in risk assessment and management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working with software engineers or as a software engineer
- Experience with microservices and service-oriented architecture
- Platform product development experience; experience with developer-focused community platforms / technologies
- Commercial software experience
- Experience with PII and data protection policies (GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
- Technical familiarity with common API frameworks
- Experience in JIRA, Confluence or comparable team collaboration applications
- Scrum Alliance certifications (CSM, CSPO, CSP) or PMI certifications (PMP, ACP)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to bringing the world together through epic entertainment. Join us!