This job might no longer be available.
Senior Product Manager, Data
1 month ago
Supernatural won Fast Company’s October 2020 award for Best App and is a next-generation fitness experience in VR (virtual reality) with real coaches, stunning natural environments, music from major record labels and new workouts released every day. Available now on Oculus Quest.
Developed by a team of passionate world-class experience designers, choreographers, game developers, trainers and physical fitness experts, Supernatural is a dynamic, immersive, experience that is always adapting to your needs, personalized for you, and available on demand, in your home.
What you’ll do:
We’re looking for a Data Product Manager to join our team! At Supernatural, we move fast in a rigorous and creative environment. The right candidate will be a builder, communicator, and collaborator who possesses persistence and determination to create beloved experiences. Above all, the Product Manager must be passionate about driving results and making great products. If you share our belief that virtual reality can play a major role in making exercise not suck, and you think you can help us create that future, we’d love to meet you!
As a Data Product Manager you’ll be responsible for scaling our data infrastructure to generate meaningful insights across the entire organization. You’ll be empowered to act boldly and independently as you make the decisions that will craft a data-powered user experience. Partnering directly with marketing, senior engineers, and other product managers, you’ll be a key driver of strategic outcomes.
The impact you’ll make:
- Autonomously influence a cross-functional team of non-technical and technical collaborators to optimize Supernatural for insights
- Articulate potential upsides of machine learning/data science models as they relate to organizational objectives
- Continually prioritize work by communicating critical milestones, deconstructing features into discrete tasks, and focusing on results
- Participate in ongoing user and competitive analysis to understand landscape, positioning, and feature set.
- Research new technologies and predict applicability to our existing business
- Perform financial and/or user metric forecasting to support rationale for proposed feature set
- Translate product goals into backlogs and prioritized features that effectively deploy resources
- Work with cross-functional team members to plan the go-to-market strategy of completed features
- Accurately estimate projects and partner with project management to ship predictably and on time
- Communicate risks to estimated releases and propose mitigation plans
- Continually review the performance of features and flows to improve business or UX results
What you’ll need to be successful:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with large data sets, machine learning, and/or data science projects
- Experience with data architecture
- A deep understanding of A/B testing
- 2+ years of progressively increasing responsibility in consumer software product management
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Be able to speak the language of game design and game development
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Fluidly prioritize typical job responsibilities along with ad hoc requests
- Develop strong relationships built on mutual respect and a focus on continuous improvement
Bonus Points for:
- Experience working on consumer software products at massive scale
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Tableau, SQL,3rd party analytics suites (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, etc) or other analytical tools
At Supernatural, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.