Senior Product Manager, Consumer Experience
15 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
For us, product management means thinking about the behaviors of users and systematically questioning assumptions to find reasons, gaps, options, and solutions to create an impact on gamers, developers, and creators. We strive to understand why things work (or don’t work) and to implement those findings with a purpose and elegance.
What You'll Do
As a Sr Product Manager at Epic Games, you will be a vision holder for your team, collaborating with production, development, design, and operations to build new products and services, processes and growth plans all in continuous alignment with a vision and strategic roadmap. You are responsible for driving better experiences through disciplined analytics and experimentation with measurable goals. You will champion the vision and purpose of ‘WHY’ for existing products. This includes services, onboarding/activation/live operations, and optimization for all processes and governance.
Below are 4 key responsibilities that all successful Product Managers have at Epic
- Define - Business requirements for articulating vision, strategy, definition of success, KPI, risks, and operational plan for both existing and new products and services.
- Own - Product managers at Epic are responsible for guiding the development team through idea generation and discovery, representing the voice of the user in design and development, defining the go-to-market strategy, and iterating to propel adoption and growth. They own the vision, strategy, and definition of success, and adoption, and are responsible for aligning product priorities to the broader Epic vision.
- Collaborate - Partner with development teams, publishing, and operations to drive alignment and stack hands on the best outcome for our users and the business. Balance strategic execution against the vision and the roadmap with purposeful and effective communication, humble and proactive attitude and an open mind.
- Execute - Own the outcome for the product. Set and measure meaningful benchmarks that define success. Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to understand user needs to understand where we need to iterate and to identify new opportunities to enhance existing products. Be a champion for working smarter and finding ways to optimize how we work together.
In this role, you will
- Own the initial user journey upon entry into the Epic Games Store, including both Discover and Browse experiences, with a goal of guiding users to the products they are looking for
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify inefficiencies in internal processes and build new tools to improve the ability to communicate important information to users
- Take accountability for the adoption and success of features and product, both internally and externally
- Own and champion key product health metrics as a part of driving prioritization decisions
- Detail stories with use cases, dependencies, acceptance criteria and scope of features
- Maintain a live backlog, balancing the needs of internal and external stakeholders
- Work with dev leads to ensure alignment with roadmap, and make adjustments as necessary
- Understand user behavior patterns & trends to identify emerging opportunities that can be turned into industry-changing features
What we're looking for
- You are passionate about doing the right thing, not afraid to say NO, and know how to take calculated risks to create maximum impact
- You are passionate about the products you manage and how they bring value to your customers and the business
- You see product development as a team effort, and thrive in a highly collaborative, agile, continuous discovery and continuous delivery mentality
- You are skilled at working effectively with your product team, developer team, internal stakeholders, and partner teams; all across multiple time zones and countries
- You have strong problem-solving skills and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- You demonstrate a strong ability to research, summarize, and prioritize customer business requirements
- You are an excellent communicator, presenter, collaborator, and leader
- 5+ years as Product Manager
- UX design familiarity a plus
- Merchandising experience a plus
- Marketing experience a plus
- You have a proven track record of driving measurable product growth
- Comfortable with Tableau or other data reporting and analysis tools
- Comfortable with TargetProcess, ProductPlan, or similar backlog management tools
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.