Lead Product Manager - Clinical
17 days ago
Founded in 2007, Lumos Labs is the leader in brain training. Over 100 million people have used our Lumosity product to train their cognitive skills, completing over 7 billion cognitive games in the process. We support and conduct trailblazing research, which has led to 65 peer-reviewed publications in academic journals using Lumosity games, assessments or data. We are building one of the premiere digital health brands and are looking for talented, mission-oriented people to join us on the journey. Lumos Labs is located in the SoMa area of San Francisco, CA with remote colleagues country- and world-wide.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead the development of our clinical products that are digital treatments to improve the lives of patients experiencing conditions that impact their cognition.
In this role, you’ll work closely with clinicians, regulatory experts, product designers, and software engineers, to create experiences that enable patients to treat health conditions through software.
The ideal candidate has a track record of successfully shipping products, a passion for health & wellness, and preferably experience in building software as a medical device. This role will be focused on delivering a pipeline of products through clinical trials and to market.
- Own product definition and roadmap
- Manage multiple dependencies and constraints
- Document user needs, product requirements
- Communicate well with a variety of cohorts (peers, stakeholders, customers, partners, etc.)
- Collaborate with internal/external experts
- Collaborate closely with engineers and designers to build software
- Work in a regulated environment (FDA/EU, medical devices)
- Guide agile software development ceremonies (backlog refinement, sprint planning, sprint demos, retros)
- Provide clarity and focus for the team
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Data driven and a results-oriented approach to product development
- Enthusiasm for small teams working to help people tap into the full potential of their minds
- Self starter, internally motivated
- Comfortable with ambiguity and skilled at lessening the unknown
- Desire to proactively identify and mitigate risk
- A knack for quickly distilling complex information into potential solutions
- Bonus Qualifications:
- Released software as a medical device (SaMD) to clinical trial and/or market
- Worked with a Quality Management System
- Worked in a regulated industry
- The excitement and fun of the early-stage startup paired with the maturity and stability of a later-stage business with substantial revenue and company infrastructure.
- Competitive compensation, including salary and benefits on-par with later-stage companies, and equity compensation on-par with earlier-stage ones.
- An egoless environment that fosters collaboration of all types. We have a culture of ownership, trust, camaraderie, and fun.
- A focus on sustainability -- in our products, our business, and for our employees.
- A culture that values coming together and sharing our varied interests to illuminate new and inspiring ideas, all with a focus on helping our users make meaningful improvements in their lives.
- The opportunity to learn, grow, and bond with a tight community of coworkers based in SF, and with teammates around the world (OR, WA, NJ, SD, OH, MD, CT, IL, NV, Germany, Brazil, Serbia, Ukraine, India).
- Competitive benefits (options for individual and/or domestic partner/family medical, dental and vision plans, EAP, FSA, commuter benefits, parental and other leaves, One Medical membership and much more!)
- A collaborative culture where growth from within is encouraged.
- Continuous learning budget for conferences, professional and skill development.
- Flexible time off to rest, reset, and recharge.
- Monthly wellness, internet, and cell phone reimbursements.
- Fun social events such as board game nights, work anniversary celebrations, weekly happy hours, and quarterly company-wide events.
- Team lunches and off-sites (past excursions include creative retreats, cooking classes, escape rooms, and terrarium building).
- Regular creative learning sessions, skill shares, forums, guest speakers, and workshops.
- We recognize family is important -- we host Bring Your Child to Work Day annually as well as other kid-friendly off-site events.
- We empower employees to give back to our community -- our DEI team facilitates this through activities and initiatives year-round.
Lumos Labs values diversity and recognizes that employees from a broad range of perspectives improves both the practice of science and the brain training experience for everyone. We are committed to inclusion, diversifying tech, and advocating for diversity in our employees, their experiences, and the people we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.