Senior Product Manager, Audio/Video
1 month ago
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
For the past 3 years running, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
With millions of creators worldwide, Roblox is creating the future of play. Media, from sound effects to concerts, is critical to that future, especially the platform APIs and creation tools that let developers build sophisticated, media-driven experiences. Our Studio product and the extensive platform APIs we provide have enabled a community of millions of developers to create compelling content, and we want you to help build a media ecosystem on top of that foundation.
As a Senior Product Manager - Audio/Video, you will have a profound impact on the strategy and vision of media within the Roblox platform. As someone with extensive experience working with realtime authoring and playback systems, your mission is to research, validate, specify, and manage the tools and features that empower Roblox developers to create media-driven experiences from the platform-level API needs to the easy-to-use frontend tools within Studio.
- Experienced, with 5-7 years of product management or other relevant experience such as AV engineering or technical direction, with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar technical field.
- Technical AV expert with knowledge of areas and frameworks including HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), DRM, WebRTC, network synchronization, FMOD API, and more. Bonus points for volumetric streaming.
- Detail oriented, with an eye for user interaction beyond the veneer of the GUI, down and comfortable with delving into the product, the platform and the implementation details.
- Ambitious, you boldly go where no one has gone before, you are always keen to learn, grow, and push the limits.
- Metrics driven, with proficiency in quality metrics and monitoring.
- Communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey ideas through detailed specifications and/or wireframes.
- Entrepreneurial: Having worked in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch.
- A self starter: High degree of self direction and independent drive.
- Drive media, from platform APIs to Studio tooling, creating an integrated and vision-oriented approach to the future of media in the metaverse
- Work across internal teams and with external customers to define the requirements for fundamental cross-platform, scalable, realtime media systems
- Own the user-facing tooling in Studio, including within Marketplace and future tools, to make it easy to integrate media into an experience
- Define the best way to moderate media assets with the Trust & Safety team to ensure our customers experience safe, appropriate, and properly-licensed assets.
- Communicate media needs and product concepts to other internal stakeholders including executives, engineers, designers, and product team members.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
- (In pre and post pandemic times)
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox – Powering Imagination