Senior Product Manager Analyst - Around Game (Apex Mobile)
19 days ago
Drop into the excitement anytime, anywhere with the new battle royale Apex Legends Mobile™. Adapted from the award-winning Apex Legends™, the mobile experience has all the genre-defining action, best-in-class gunplay, and immersive universe that made the original a hit. Push the boundaries of competition with a diverse cast of Legends who bring unique skills and playstyles to the ever-evolving battlefield. If you’re passionate about bringing AAA-quality gaming to mobile devices around the globe, join our team as we build the ultimate battle royale experience with Apex Legends Mobile™. Role
As Sr. Product Manager Analyst - Around Game, you will partner with a team of designers and product managers to drive insights on features in the Around Game pod. Your focus will be on features and systems in Apex Legends Mobile that involve monetization, progression, social relationships, and competition.
Working closely with the pod leads and feature owners, you will create hypotheses, chart analysis plans, present findings, and build a framework of understanding that will inform decision making on these player impacting systems.
The ideal candidate has a strong background partnering with game teams to deliver insights and is passionate about finding answers through data.
- Explore large data-sets to find answers or identify risks and opportunities
- Apply analytical methodology, including experiments, statistics, and machine learning, to answer business questions
- Find creative and original ways to get around data availability, consistency, or comprehensiveness issues to arrive at proxy solutions addressing the needs of the organization.
- Connect with partners and stakeholders to understand and articulate their requirements into an analytically framed list of requirements to ensure it supports their needs.
- Take a structured and methodical approach analyses, working from a thought-out analysis plan with predefined milestones and checkpoints.
- Package and present the results of analyses to partners and stakeholders as needed, adjusting the output as needed for the target audience.
- Use foundational learnings and insights to build data products that inform decision makers at critical junctures.
- Evangelize results and learnings across the organization, promoting team output to partners and stakeholders.
- Create, maintain, and automate various data extraction, transformation, and loading processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years experience driving analysis and supporting product and design teams
- Experience with prioritization, managing an analysis backlog, and managing stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and acumen
- Experience working on free-to-play mobile games
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment, with QA, design, engineering, production, and other teams
- Curious and creative, you enjoy working on complex problems, exploring data, and extracting the signal from the noise.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Able to operationalize abstract questions into a quantitative investigation and tackle them in a data-driven manner.
- Strong communication skills - regular project updates, communication with and across teams, and analytical “storytelling” - distilling quantitative insights into easy to digest and intuitive presentation form.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team, and with other teams spread globally.
- You have the enthusiasm and motivation to challenge thinking and promote meaningful change.
Background And Technical Skills
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) field or economics; Advanced degrees an advantage. Will also consider candidates with advanced degrees in social sciences – psychology, sociology, economics, etc. (given an appropriate statistical skillset).
- Minimum 3 years of relevant hands-on analytical experience, advantage for experience in gaming or other entertainment industries. Advantage for previous marketing analytics experience.
- Knowledge-of and practical experience with statistics, probability, and hypothesis testing.
- Knowledge of experimental design and execution a plus.
- Strong SQL skills for data extraction and manipulation.
- Expertise with R (preferred) or Python for data analysis and data visualization.
- Advanced statistics and computational skills a plus - e.g., modeling, machine learning, programming.
- Strong visualization, dashboarding (Looker), and BI skills an advantage.