Senior Product Designer
4 days ago
Senior Product Designer
Unity is a multi-platform game engine that is used to build video games and applications for a multitude of devices. A crucial part of the engine is Environment workflows which enable users to create realistic landscapes and environments for their games or applications!
Our team is looking for a UX Designer who can form a close working relationship with the product team, peers, and design leaders. Our goal is to help set the user experience direction for the Environment workflows and to deliver delightful and efficient workflows for creators. You will engage daily in deep conversations and explorations about target users, scenarios, opportunities to drive to the best possible experience outcomes!
We're looking for someone who works optimally across locations, subject areas, strives for alignment, and thrives in taking on sophisticated problems. Possessing a curious mind and passion for learning new technology and exploring how to demonstrate it to empower creators to build breakthrough interactive content is a must.
In this role, you will be part of Unity’s global Design team which is a diverse group of people who believe that the world is a better place with more creators in it. We believe that excellence in design is crucial to the pursuit in getting there.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with collaborators and subject matter experts to holistically envision a fabulous and efficient experience for environment workflows, with both a near-term and long-term point of view
- Work in close partnership with design peers, user researchers, engineers, product managers, and technical artists to rapidly iterate on environment workflows based on user feedback and insights
- Leverage a well-rounded design approach that factors in the end-to-end user journey, integration and interoperability with other systems in Unity, as well as external relevant applications, industry standards and patterns
- Create detailed scenarios, flows, wireframes, information architecture diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and design specs to effectively communicate interactions and intent
- Identify, distill, and curate common UX patterns to cross-pollinate and integrate them into the product.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in UX design for technical domains, such as productivity tools, developer tools or designing large-scale, complex applications
- Practical knowledge and experience with 3D content creation tools and the 3D domain
- A portfolio that demonstrates an in-depth and thoughtful design process and how it’s been applied in previous projects
- Must be a great teammate with a strong work ethic, growth mindset, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to facilitate an inclusive cross-discipline design process
You might also have
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with Worldbuilding or terrain creation tools
- History of successfully delivering results in an agile development environment
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.