This job might no longer be available.
Senior Product Designer
San Francisco, California, United States
6 months ago
Imagine this: It’s the middle of winter. You’re ice skating on a freshly frozen lake that no one has skated on yet. Except your skates are made of butter. And the lake is also made of butter. And as you skate, you yourself morph into a giant butter person.
That’s how smooth we want to make using Discord. If you’re interested in joining a passionate team of designers and gamers that are designing features that will be used by millions of gamers across the world, come help us do that. Also please bring some toast. We have lots of butter.
What you'll be doing
- Embedding in a product team and partnering with engineers, product managers and data scientists to oversee the user experience of a product from concept to launch — and then continue to improve it after it releases to millions of users
- Mixing your visual, UX, and interaction design skills to design valuable features for our users
- Understanding business needs and connecting them with design decisions that can be articulated in individual or group settings
- Fostering a culture of design
What you should have
- Minimum of 4 years experience designing and shipping a web/app product for a variety of devices and platforms
- Strategic product thinking and vision. You’re more concerned with the “why” than the “how”
- Self-motivation to find answers
- Excitement to dig into experiment data to help inform design iterations and whether something should ship
- A high level of craft and attention to detail
- Experience with Figma or Sketch
- Experience or willingness to mentor other designers
- Experience building and maintaining design systems
- Interface animations know-how
- You spend a significant amount of your time gaming in the character customization screen
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. We created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
We'd love your help. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.