This job might no longer be available.
Senior Product Designer, Professional Artistry: Ziva Tools
3 months ago
Are you a Senior Product Designer looking to lead ground breaking technologies? We are looking for you!
Unity is looking for a senior designer to lead product design for ground breaking character authoring technologies! This is an opportunity to bring outstanding innovation into the hands of artists across the globe.
Working directly with product management, engineering leaders at Ziva, designers, and artists, you will play a key role in enabling the next generation of artists to build visually outstanding content, consistently and efficiently at scale, with new accessible tools. The right candidate will combine design ability with a natural curiosity for technology, character creation pipelines and a passion for empowering creativity
In addition, product designers at Unity work to clarify and advocate value for our users, engender alignment and consistency between products, and exemplify the highest standards of inclusive design on our way to delivering innovative solutions to millions of Unity creators worldwide.
What you’ll be doing
- Employ design thinking to reason complex technology into intuitive, efficient and joyful product experiences, thereby enabling more creators.
- Collaborate with product management, product design, technical and production artists, UX research and engineering leads to develop and refine product strategy, establish clear design goals, and promote a culture of innovation, collaboration, and inclusivity.
- Create sketches, storyboards, wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity comps to communicate product vision to internal and external partners.
- Engage with subject matter experts to research and validate product decisions.
- Conduct design reviews with senior leadership to ensure alignment with project goals, and collaborate with other designers to ensure consistency and coherence across Unity products.
What we’re looking for
- A selective product design portfolio, showcasing project development from concept to shipping, creative thought, a user-centric approach, awareness of technology and design craftmanship, and a desire to promote visual excellence.
- The ability to initiate design conversations within a team or group context, to reason through complex problems and arrive at sophisticated solutions in a collaborative way.
- Knowledge of character creation workflows, and technical proficiency in some aspects is required.
- Previous consumer or tooling product design in content authoring tools.
- Excellent collaborator with strong verbal, visual and written communication skills.
You might also have
- Experience designing consumer or professional products for multiple platforms.
- Familiarity with Unity, and/or other game engines.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.